turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Iowa 1st season opening day!!!

Started by 1iagobblergetter, April 17, 2012, 12:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

I got lucky and made it happen Iowas 1st season opening day. I really didnt have great expectations due to the temp change,high winds, cold,and scattered rain. The morning started out with me getting to my blind and it being a mess from the high winds. I got that all straightened out the best i could and was second guessing myself on why i didnt have one of my blinds set up on the bottom where i would be out of the wind. I prefer not even to hunt out of a blind,but love them when its raining or have my boy with me. I never heard a gobble all morning but ended up calling 2 separate hens in. Called periodically and seen 2 nice toms coming across the field heading right to me on a string. I ended up making the shot and ended my 1st season. I mainly love hunting them by myself and now with my young boy,but am going to try to tag along or take someone to get me through until Iowas 4th season when me and my boy are able to hunt again. Ive hunted turkeys for over a decade which isnt long compared to some,but actually love it even more with each year,have also met alot of great people through it. 

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

pullit

vaturkey

Vaturkey

bird

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Mailman

One Shot One Kill

oklahomaboy

Congratulations from TN.  Got friends near Lamars that want me to come up and hunt.  Might just do it.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

boomer