OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

need help with a sight in issue

Started by afoshie, February 26, 2011, 02:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afoshie

Ive got a moss 835 with a jellyhead 690 choke. When sighting in the gun started off with a 20 yd shot with 2.5 # 6 shot. Hit the target dead on left to right and @ 2 in high. Moved out to 40 with the 567 mag blend 3.5's and shot moved down 7 in and 1 to 2 in left. I retried and changed sight positions and just cant get it to raise the shot ball up and i am out of adjustment and 60 bucks worth of shells. Really got a tight shot ball with these shells at 40 with @ 200 pellets in a 10 in ring. Tried several other lead shotshells and just cant get a good pattern with them. Any advise or seen similar situations. Point me in the right direction i need help. Thanks in advance for the replies and help.

sugarray

If you are using the MB sites, they are terrible.  You need to get a set of adjustable sights or a holo/reflex site, scope.  That is how you are going to get your POI/POA in line.

afoshie

the sights i have on the gun are tru glo gobble dots

chatterbox

Quote from: afoshie on February 26, 2011, 03:14:19 PM
the sights i have on the gun are tru glo gobble dots

Get a red dot sight. Dot-neck-boom.

sugarray

So, you are moving your rear site forward/up and to the right?  Just to get on the same page.

If you don't have enough adjustment then you will need another sight. 

Many use the Gobble Dots, I didn't have success with mine and went to a Bushnell Red/green dot.  FOV was horrible, so went to a Mueller Quick Shot.  I have a review here on it.  It is a great site.

spaightlabs

I've never used anything other than the bead and haven't had a problem from 5 to 55...

renegade19

Quote from: spaightlabs on February 26, 2011, 04:51:51 PM
I've never used anything other than the bead and haven't had a problem from 5 to 55...

I added a red dot and am now second guessing myself.  Loved the single bead.  Bead/neck/boom/dead turkey.  We'll see in the woods in a few weeks.

sugarray

Quote from: renegade19 on February 26, 2011, 05:04:20 PM

I added a red dot and am now second guessing myself.  Loved the single bead.  Bead/neck/boom/dead turkey.  We'll see in the woods in a few weeks.

Why would you second guess?  Do you second guess your scope for deer?  Red dot same thing, dot on neck and dead.  Most guns do not shoot POA when adding turkey loads and chokes.  Some sort of sight is needed.

WyoHunter

Mount a scope on it and solve your problem!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

renegade19

Quote from: sugarray on February 26, 2011, 05:22:13 PM
Quote from: renegade19 on February 26, 2011, 05:04:20 PM

I added a red dot and am now second guessing myself.  Loved the single bead.  Bead/neck/boom/dead turkey.  We'll see in the woods in a few weeks.

Why would you second guess?  Do you second guess your scope for deer?  Red dot same thing, dot on neck and dead.  Most guns do not shoot POA when adding turkey loads and chokes.  Some sort of sight is needed.
Just used to old trusty is all.  I'll shoot once more before the season and be good to go!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions