OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your favorite........???

Started by REBELYELL, April 15, 2012, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Not asking what is the best, but what is your favorite slate and striker combo?

TANK

Pappy's Wild Cherry slate over glass dual purpose with a Pappy's Osage striker.

West Augusta

Glen Marrrer glass over slate with my hollow Black Locust striker.
If the pot must be slate then Lonnie Sneed's Hot Hen with my Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

paboxcall

Slate....I really like my Tuscarora Legend "Jake Taker", small slate over glass in a DD Adams plastic pot, with a walnut striker. 

:icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

stone road turkey calls

I have a cherry burl slate over glass i made years ago that i just love, and i hunt with every year. with a hickory striker
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

BowBendr

My current favorite slate call is from Ryan Bonjour. It's slate over glass in a tigerwood pot paired up with a Bonjour purpleheart striker, his osage striker sounds just as good too.  :icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

I really liked the combo of my lights out osage slate and hooks paduak striker

Got a few new slates waiting for me from a buddy that I will pick up this weekend in NY but I am told they like purpleheart and Cocolobo but I'll try em all
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigEz

Halloran spalted maple slate over glass with hooks paduak striker, my father like purple heart striker with his. 

dlquinn

Motherlode slate over corian, paired with Joe's purpleheart striker.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

trb136

Glen Marrer Koa Slate with Steve Torman Black Locust striker!!!!!

Swamp

well seeing as i only have one slate call that i made my options are limited but mine is slate over glass in a cedar pot with a walnut striker.

lonnie sneed jr.

I have 2. My dad makes both of them. Hot Hen Slate with a redwood or willow striker, and his glass call with with a oak or maple striker.  :OGturkeyhead:

West Augusta

I hear that your dad is working on a smaller version of the Green Glass call.  Bet that is going to be a good one. 
:welcomeOG: Lonnie Sneed Jr.  :boon:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

tomanyturkeycalls

Got several favorite slate calls .. glen marrer osage slate/slate, sneed hot hen slate, both with persimmon strikers, genes turkey calls [blacky] cherry slate/slate, cane creek slate/glass multiple strikers work on all these slates, and markjm walnut slate/glass paudauk striker

REBELYELL

Quote from: lonnie sneed jr. on April 17, 2012, 07:12:57 AM
I have 2. My dad makes both of them. Hot Hen Slate with a redwood or willow striker, and his glass call with with a oak or maple striker.  :OGturkeyhead:

I need to find me a Hot Hen slate. I hear alot of good things about them, on several different forums.