turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington Premier magnum 3/2/5's

Started by GETTREED, April 15, 2012, 08:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

I had an older 870 Express and the best patterns it ever shot was with the Remington Premier 2 oz. #5. Also shot regular old Nitro Mag #4 very well, regular full choke. I have always had excellent luck with the Remington loads whether it be Nitros or Premier, only difference is Nitro's are just hardened and Premier loads are copper plated, wads and buffering are the same. Both of my 10 bores love Premiers and I even have a few old Nitro Mags that will get used up on a few more birds before I run out of them. Anybody that wants to send me any Remington turkey loads PM me and I will let you ship them my way.

MossRem

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 17, 2012, 09:27:21 PM
just about all Remington ammo is worthless with just a very few exceptions

I'm sorry that this has been your experience. My father used to have a store next to a feed store that sold mostly Remington ammo. I've shot Remington shotshells, rifle ammo, pistol rounds, and .22 long rifle since 1973 and I have no idea how much game I've shot with Remington. I've never had a bad Remington cartridge that I can recall, and I've shot a ton of cheap UMC in pistol matches. I haven't shot a turkey with a Remington shotshell but I have a relative who has and he swears by them.