turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington Premier magnum 3/2/5's

Started by GETTREED, April 15, 2012, 08:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GETTREED

how would these pattern through preston pittman choke in 23" barrell 870 remington?

mightyjoeyoung

No idea.  Only way to know is to try them out yourself.  There aren't too many members on here that choose to shoot the Remmy turkey loads very much.  They tend to be very inconsistant when compared to Winchester and Federal lead loads...even the FC wad stuff.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

just about all Remington ammo is worthless with just a very few exceptions
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

fsu33952

I think it all depends on the gun. I have killed a truckload of turkeys with remington shells. I have killed 3 this year with the remington nitro 3.5's in 4 shot. The last one probably had 50 pellets in his head and neck. All three were just as deada s the ones that I have killed with federals or winchesters. It all depends on the gun.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

In the guns that I've patterned, the super cheap Remington Nitro Turkey loads have been pretty awful.

However, I've heard that people have gotten better results from the Remington Premier Copperplated Buffered Magnum loads.  They cost more, but may be a much better shell.

tha bugman

I have the same gun..here is the pattern that I got with the Remington Premier 2oz #5's using the Remington Extra Full turkey choke

surehuntsalot

don't know why,but the Remington shotgun shells have never shot a pattern worth a crap out of any shotgun that I have ever owned
I won't even use Remington shells to small game hunt with

deadbuck

The old Remington Hevi Shot would kill them farther than we can talk about on here. Smoked a pile of them using #5 shot out of a 3 inch 870 from 2000 to about 2006

3" 870 Shell Shucker

That 30 Yard pattern pictured above looks fine.  I'd limit that setup to about 35 Yards though.

Actually, the Remington Nitro Sporting Clays 1.125 Oz. #7.5 load patterns great.  It will put it on the squirrels.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: deadbuck on April 26, 2012, 10:19:42 AM
The old Remington Hevi Shot would kill them farther than we can talk about on here. Smoked a pile of them using #5 shot out of a 3 inch 870 from 2000 to about 2006

agreed,still have some 20ga#6's
the only Remington shell that I hunt with

Michigander

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 26, 2012, 10:18:40 PM

X3 I still hunt with it, killed one last Sunday. I get around 170 with my setup.

R AJ

Quote from: Michigander on May 04, 2012, 10:10:29 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 26, 2012, 10:18:40 PM

X3 I still hunt with it, killed one last Sunday. I get around 170 with my setup.

This is the lead section. I do not know of a 3" #5 lead shell getting 170s in the 10 at 40 yds. I believe that you have jumped from Rem Premier 3-2-5 to old Rem Hevi-Shot. Even at that I wonder if you are talking 170s at 40 using #5 loads. What choke if so?

Michigander

My bad I forgot I was in the lead forum. And you are correct, it was #6, not #5.

tha bugman

this load did just fine on a varmit in my garden this morning with my ventilator choke!

MossRem

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 26, 2012, 02:13:48 PM
That 30 Yard pattern pictured above looks fine.  I'd limit that setup to about 35 Yards though.

Actually, the Remington Nitro Sporting Clays 1.125 Oz. #7.5 load patterns great.  It will put it on the squirrels.

It sure will. I used that Nitro Sporting Clays #7.5 at a can't-mention-it-on-here distance out of an old Stevens 311 12-gauge double and it just tore the little thing up!