Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Benelli SBE II, Wright's No.3(650) and I.C. .665, Winchester ER 6's

Started by Borden811, April 15, 2012, 02:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Got a chance to patter again this weekend, and shot the Wright's with the Winchester XR that I forgot to take to the range with me last time. It turns out they pattern decent together. Weather was overcast with a slight breeze, 60 degrees, and shots were taken at a taped 40 yards. Final tally

196 in the 10"
143 in the 10-20"
339 total in the 20"

Now it's decision time. My I.C. .665 with the same shell, and under the same conditions shot almost the same at:

168 in the 10"
170 in the 10"-20"
338 total in the 20"

So, it shifted 30 pellets into the center of the pattern. What do you guys think? Which one is better?

captin_hook

Looks good, I don't think you can go wrong with either. If it were me id go with IC, nice looking 20 .

beagler

You are going to be out of shells by the time the season rolls around!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Never Misses

Borden811

LOL, how bout it. I need something like AA, but for patterning shotgun shell and choke combos. It's expensive, but it's fun. I've got too many combos that shoot good in my gun. All I need to do now is try the federal heavy weight 7's out of the wright's and see how they do, and then I'll have tested everything that I care to....for now that is. My biggest trouble will be deciding what to head to the woods with!

bigboy84

Both are great but the ic is way more consistent and even to me both will kill them dead.

yelpy

The IC seems to be working well for you. That is what I would pick if it is consistant shot to shot. If not the Wright's would be my choice. My SBEII and 535 with an IC in them shoot inconsistant patterns from one shot to the next. 

nyhunter