turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Mouth Call

Started by Mimosa Gobbler, April 14, 2012, 02:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimosa Gobbler

Wanted to ask you guys which mouth call do you think is the one that you can't do without?  I like a lot of rasp so keep that in mind!

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

gwa

noggin buster

stinkpickle

My current favorite is a Hooks Executioner.  I've been playing with the new Executioner 2, but it hasn't quite taken the top spot away from the original yet.

TauntoHawk

The executioner II has taken the top spot for me. It runs awesome, I also like hallorans TKO, and the hooks devastator is good as well.

If I only get one to take to the woods it's the executioner II just because it does everything.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

siyakadog

Houndstooth Diamond X-3 and Dixie Combo, the Hooks just don't fit me as good as the Houndstooth.  I just called in a nice bird today for my 8 yr old daugther with the Dixie Combo. 
I can make good calls with Hooks but it take many tries before I get it the way I want.
Houndstooth all the way for me.

Devastator

hooks devastator for me.

savduck

I think finding one that fits and a call maker that stretches one to the style you like is most important. Houndstooth to me is the best for me. He makes an excellent mouth call. They work to....I just got done hunting with Lyle and a couple buddies. We ended up with 7 gobblers in 2 days.

Proof is in the pudding.
Georgia Boy

runngun

Hillbilly custom calls, White Lightening!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Gooserbat

Gooserbat Hillbilly but I'm really bias.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boomer

Hooks Executioner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jblackburn

Quote from: runngun on April 14, 2012, 10:06:37 PM
Hillbilly custom calls, White Lightening!!!

This is usually my answer, too. But, I have come to love the Gooserbat Bacon 3-reed!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Shoregobbler

HOOKS Junior Duplicator!!!

redleg06

va longbeard

Houndstooth 3 reed batwing.

Hard to go wrong with any of Lyle's calls.