turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What should my next pot call be?

Started by gobblercop, April 11, 2012, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblercop

I got a copper pot and osage wood from Pappy, and I REALLY like it.  Pot calls are the thing for me, I call the best with them, they are beautiful, and I love to show them off.  What should my next pot call be?  I'm looking something that I can Kee Kee with really easy.  I was thinking crystal?  Your input please...

dreis3

A plain aluminum surface is going to be your best bet for an awesome kee kee,  other surfaces will kee kee too, but i think most will say plain aluminum is the best to kee kee on
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: dreis3 on April 11, 2012, 09:51:11 PM
A plain aluminum surface is going to be your best bet for an awesome kee kee,  other surfaces will kee kee too, but i think most will say plain aluminum is the best to kee kee on

:agreed:
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

870BkWht

I hear ya on liking pot calls.  They too are my cup of tea.  I also think plain aluminum would give you the best kee kee, but I think you'll have more versatility with crystal.  Have you thought about ceramic?  Its extremely low maintanence and with the right striker you can kee kee on it as well, just maybe not as good as on aluminum or crystal.  If you go crystal, do yourself a favor and get a Twisted Sister or Crystal Mistress from David Halloran.

tha bugman

Any HOOKS!  Copper Brass is awesome!

pappy

I have seen Scott Wilhelm Kee-Kee on slate.............the secret is finger placement on your striker and the angle you hold it, you can Kee-Kee on copper as well, IF......I was looking for a straight Kee-Kee caller, I would venture to say that Glass would be it, crystal would be my second choice.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

flatliner

Hands down Alum. You can KEE KEE on every :drool:hing but nothing is better than Alum

Oh by the way Scotty can KEE KEE with his finger on his palm I think.  HES THAT GOOD
Kehl