turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BPS

Started by hawk, February 25, 2011, 09:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

There are all kinds of pics and numbers on here for the Mossberg 835's paterning. I would like to see some for the Inv.+ BPS guns as this is one of my choices for a new 12ga. The BPS I'm interested in is the NWTF 24" barreled model and my other choice is the 835.

TrackeySauresRex

I like the Mossy made in  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

hawk

No numbers, no pics for overbored Brownings ?

R AJ

My barrel is 22" ,you asked for 24".

allaboutshooting

Quote from: hawk on February 25, 2011, 09:52:21 PM
There are all kinds of pics and numbers on here for the Mossberg 835's paterning. I would like to see some for the Inv.+ BPS guns as this is one of my choices for a new 12ga. The BPS I'm interested in is the NWTF 24" barreled model and my other choice is the 835.

I have 2 BPS models but neither have a 24" barrel. They both shoot excellent even patterns with Hevi-13 shells at 40 yards, as does my SX3 with the same barrel but again, it's 28" not 24".

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

hawk

22" or 26" would be OK. As the 835 is on my list, I will put this out there for those w/who shoot this gun. Dose the overboring have any effects on MV. Due to differences in wad types it seems like there would be gas blow-by w/certain ammo types causing a velocity loss. I did a google search for tests on this but came up dry.

R AJ

What you tend to get is better patterns using the Federal FC wad with the overbore and very even patterns . I have no worry about loss of velocity when I see my patterns and watch turkeys bowl over when shot. Th eBrng is a little heavy and both the BPS and 835 give you a reminder that you just pulled the trigger .

The BPS is a very solid,well made gun and I have it as my go to gun over a very reliable 870 SM.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: hawk on February 26, 2011, 06:24:21 PM
22" or 26" would be OK. As the 835 is on my list, I will put this out there for those w/who shoot this gun. Dose the overboring have any effects on MV. Due to differences in wad types it seems like there would be gas blow-by w/certain ammo types causing a velocity loss. I did a google search for tests on this but came up dry.

I have a 26" barreled BPS that shoots great patterns with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot at 40 yards. I can probably find some pictures of patterns with that gun and shell.

I shoot my other BPS more often than this one and actually used it at still target shoots in 2009 and ultimately to win the world championship in the hunter class that year. It shoots great even patterns with a high core density and outer fringe patterns as well.

I hope that helps some and I'll look for some pictures for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Bamastrutter

Quote from: slickyboyboo on February 25, 2011, 10:10:12 PM
Get you an Invector + gun, and combo it with:

Primos Jelly Head .670
Pure Gold .670
Indian .675

and

H13 3"-2oz #6s or #7s
H13 3.5"-2.25oz #6s or #7s

Then you will have a sho nuff turkey slayer.

x2 :icon_thumright:

mudhen

Just sold my 26" BPS, 24" NWTF BPS is on the way!

With the 26" BPS & IC .665 , I got patterns like this all day:

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Turkeybuster

The BPS is a killing machine I have one with a 26" bbl. and a undertaker .665
and with the Winchester Elites it is tight enough to warrant adjustable sights.
What fasinated me is that it will shoot anything you feed it very well.

Jon

longbeards21

I have the BPS Invector Plus 24" NWTF with a Kicks choke, shooting winchester xtended range 3.5in 2oz #6s and I have  never NOT killed one with it. I will try to get a picture of a pattern from 30 and 40yards.

big j

I will never sell my BPS!! PERIOD!!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: big j on March 01, 2011, 10:34:30 PM
I will never sell my BPS!! PERIOD!!

Never is a very, very long time.  Maybe put a probably in front of the never.   :lol:

longbeards21

Here is a pic of my pattern

Browning NWTF BPS invector plus
Kicks choke
winchester xtended range 2oz #6's
40 yards

I think most of my pattern missed high and left