turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Claw Sling

Started by Cutt, February 25, 2011, 08:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Anyone know where I can pick up the new Quake Claw sling for shotguns? Looking for the new one with swivels and in matching Realtree camo. They show them on the site but are out of the Realtree. Anyone get one lately or know somewhere else to buy them? Thanks

SKFOOTER

Gobble!

Basspro cabelas I'm sure the big guys are carrying them

Cutt

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 25, 2011, 09:22:49 PM
Bass Pro carries them.

They do carry some Claw slings just as Cabelas does too. But from what I can tell neither one carries the new one? The only difference from what I can see is the new ones are for shotguns and have metal swivels. And the new ones come in several different brands of camo, as I'm looking for the Realtree, which Pro Bass does not have. Just bought a new turkey gun in Realtree, so I'm looking to get it matching. Thanks

Here's the ones I'm talking about.
http://www.quakeinc.com/shotgunslingswivel.html

Hognutz

It's about time that they went to that style swivel. I used to change them out to make them fit the need..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Mailman

i just bought one and it had the plastic hush swivel and wouldnt work on my SBE2 had to replace front swivel with a metal one.
One Shot One Kill

Cutt

Quote from: Mailman on February 25, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
i just bought one and it had the plastic hush swivel and wouldnt work on my SBE2 had to replace front swivel with a metal one.

You didn't buy the one I'm talking about, because it comes with metal swivels. That is the point I'm making with the new Shotgun slings, they come with metal swivels, unlike all their other ones with plastic swivels.

Cutt

From what I can tell everyone is out of stock with this item. Although it looks just like their rifle sling, with the only difference being the new shotgun sling has metal swivels and the rifle swivels are plastic.

But they do have the rifle sling in Realtree, so I might just buy it,and replace the plastic swivels. My 11-87 I'm putting this on came with a cheapo sling but has good metal swivels. So I'm guessing I pull these metal swivels off this cheap sling and replace the plastic ones with them on the rifle sling, I'll basically have the same sling?

bird

Those ol' hush swivels is the exact reason why I got rid of my Claw sling and switched to an Avery sling.  I could not stand using a sling with those hush swivels.

REBELYELL

Quote from: Cutt on February 26, 2011, 08:18:13 AM
From what I can tell everyone is out of stock with this item. Although it looks just like their rifle sling, with the only difference being the new shotgun sling has metal swivels and the rifle swivels are plastic.

But they do have the rifle sling in Realtree, so I might just buy it,and replace the plastic swivels. My 11-87 I'm putting this on came with a cheapo sling but has good metal swivels. So I'm guessing I pull these metal swivels off this cheap sling and replace the plastic ones with them on the rifle sling, I'll basically have the same sling?

I have the regular claw and the contour. I replaced the original swivels with Uncle Mike's metal swivels on both of them. They are just so much easier to remove in a hurry.

Hognutz

Quote from: REBELYELL on February 26, 2011, 11:16:43 AM
Quote from: Cutt on February 26, 2011, 08:18:13 AM

I have the regular claw and the contour. I replaced the original swivels with Uncle Mike's metal swivels on both of them. They are just so much easier to remove in a hurry.

Exactly. It takes about two minutes of your time, and you have the best of both worlds. If they are selling them now with the Uncle Mike's type swivel, life is good...Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

knightrider

why do you need to remove one in a hurry?

REBELYELL

Quote from: knightrider on February 26, 2011, 04:51:40 PM
why do you need to remove one in a hurry?

I like to remove my sling when I set up on a bird. The Uncle Mike's swivels are just easier to remove if you are trying to get set up in a hurry. Plus, the original Claw swivels are just a pain to try and take off with those little screw knobs, especially before daylight and you can't see them good.

hankpot

It might not be the same with all of them, but my camo dip started to peel from the edges. If I were to do it again I would just buy one in the regular camo they have not a dipped one.

hunter177

I've tried Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, and Gander Mountain. While they all have the Claw sling brand, none of them have the ones with Quick Detach swivels available to them yet. I tried to order a Realtree Claw from the Claw company and they said they are so new none of the retailers have that version yet.
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot