turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS #7 SBEII Hevi 13 .667 (ADDED PIC)

Started by yelpy, April 09, 2012, 09:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

Here is a pattern I shot the other day using one of Hal's recipies for 2oz. TSS load. This is the best pattern I have gotten so far with th #7's. There are 182 in the 10" circle and 135 in the 20" shot at 40 yrds at around 60 for temp. A few turkeys, 2 strutters and a bunch of hens came through the field when I was just about ready to shoot.

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

yelpy

Quote from: el diablo on April 09, 2012, 12:30:40 PM
That's awesome for the 7's.  Nice pattern.

I thought it looked pretty good also but I am wandering if it could be a little more evened out in the 20. I will hunt with this set up if I don't find a choke to get the 20 a little better even if I loose a few in the 10 I think it will still send them for a dirt nap. They seem to penetrate deeper into the 5/8 plywood than any other shot I have tryed.

cannonball

yelpy

Here is another one of Hal's 2oz load TSS #7's shot today, changed the load a bit from the last pic. 222 in 10" at 40.

captin_hook

Very nice, I've wanted to try some tss, patterns always look awsome, but not in my 12 ga. I'm going to wait for a 20 ga project before I load any tss.

yelpy

Quote from: captin_hook on April 15, 2012, 02:19:43 PM
Very nice, I've wanted to try some tss, patterns always look awsome, but not in my 12 ga. I'm going to wait for a 20 ga project before I load any tss.

I have been thinking of getting a 28 or a 20 also just for shooting the smaller TSS shot. I don't know why I haven't looked into it earlier. I guess I was just stuck in my ways and didn't want to spend the money.

magedon44

id love to try some of those 7s out of my SBE

BrowningGuy88

deerslayer357

Very nice!  Those 7's should have some real penetration!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

surehuntsalot

birds don't have a chance with that pattern :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Spurcollecta

yelpy

Quote from: Spurcollecta on May 25, 2012, 08:59:42 AM
:z-winnersmiley: Awesome pattern with 7's!

Thanks! The same choke and HW 15's 7's load will also put up some nice patterns 180 - 190 in ten. 

Spurcollecta

Quote from: yelpy on May 27, 2012, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: Spurcollecta on May 25, 2012, 08:59:42 AM
:z-winnersmiley: Awesome pattern with 7's!

Thanks! The same choke and HW 15's 7's load will also put up some nice patterns 180 - 190 in ten. 

I loaded up some of the HW 15's 7's in 2.25oz and got in 250's in the ten out of a rem 870sm w/ Rhino .660". I only shot once so I dont know if it would do that good every time though...