turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woodhaven Calls

Started by gobblercop, April 08, 2012, 11:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblercop

I was milling around on Youtube, listening to others play turkey calls and mimicking them as well as watching hens cut, purr, and cluck when I stumbled upon "Woodhaven" calls.  These things are $100+ :o!!!!  What is the deal with that?  Are they really THAT good?  For that price, I could buy two or three custom calls from makers on this site.........(and in my honest opinion, by copper pot built by Pappy sounds pretty darn good).  I mean, that call should play itself, AND shoot the bird for you while you take a nap!  Anybody have one of those, and are they REALLY worth the money?

Longbeardfever4ever

The calls sound good. Really good. But I've got two pots that were under 50 bucks each that I'd match up against the Vision Crystal any day.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

tha bugman

I agree....the Hooks Bronze Glass and the Ceramic will hold in there with the rest of them and at half the price!
Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on April 09, 2012, 12:44:45 PM
The calls sound good. Really good. But I've got two pots that were under 50 bucks each that I'd match up against the Vision Crystal any day.

WNY Bowhunter

I have three right now: the Vision crystal, the Cherry Classic Crystal and a Legend slate.  I haven't had the opportunity to play around with dozens of different calls in a setting like at the Grand Nationals, but I can say that Woodhaven puts out calls that are pure turkey.  My go to call for this spring will likely be my Vision.  Although for the life of me I can't see how it's worth $125 (bought from the classifieds here for $70), it sounds friggen awesome!!!  I just ordered a Halloran Twisted Sister and am looking foward to comparing these two calls.  I'm certain that both will be in my vest here in a few weeks...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."