turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New favorite box call

Started by whiskey, April 08, 2012, 09:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskey

I was a at the NWTF convention in Nashville and picked up a very small box call from Scott Wilper of http://www.wilpercustomcalls.com/default.html

It's called a pocket rocket and is a really neat call. I have never been a big user of box calls, but this little sucker fits nice in my vest and sounds great. I have called in 3 gobblers with it in the last week. All 3 of these were gobblers that weren't responding to my slates or mouth calls.

I was surprised when I did a search and didn't find any info on Wilper Custom Calls, so I wanted to give him a little credit on a nice call.

West Augusta

That is a small one but nice.

Congrats on the gobblers.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

culpeper

As a fellow callmaker, I thank you.  Congrats on the gobbler.  I have not heard of Scott Wilper, but he must be good with initials like those :D ;)
Scott Witter

dlquinn

Nice looking lil caller and even nicer gobbler Congrats :icon_thumright:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Andy S.

What wood combination do you have?
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Turkey Trot

What is the wood in that particular call pictured?  I can't tell.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

tha bugman

whiskey

Pretty sure mine is red cedar over walnut. I played with several he had on the table at the show and they all sounded nice. My buddy got a walnut over ?? Something, it sounds great too.

drenalinld

Those little calls sounded awesome and i have kicked myself many times since for not buying a couple. He also had some super LONG boxes. He had a limited edition of those little suckers with some wood from Leavenworth prison that had a great sound. I am so stupid for not buying a couple. Glad someone did. I knew they were killers.

captin_hook

I ran his boxes at the convention too. Very nice. I'm not a box call guy, pretty much the only reason I didn't buy one.

tenringtaylor

I called Scott today and ordered a walnut/purpleheart pocket rocket. He's a real nice guy that took the time to tell me about each wood combo availible. I cant wait to run it.

Okiehntr12

Just got my call in from Scott. He has great customer service and his call sounds awesome. If you don't have one I promise it's worth giving a try that things sounds downright turkey.

zhlhunter

Just ordered a little kee kee, going to get one of those pocket rockets at a later date.