OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jelly Head Chokes

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, February 25, 2011, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have a question on these chokes.  And I know they are marketed by Primos.  But does anyone know 100% sure that these chokes are made in the USA?  I've got a hunch that they aren't. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And the same question goes for the Tight Wad chokes.  I'm starting to believe that both of these chokes are in fact made in China, but I can't prove that.  But I'm wondering if they are in fact made in the USA.  Who in fact makes these chokes for Primos?  That's what I want to know. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And please don't take this the wrong way.  I have my reasons why I supsect what I said above. 

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drum817 on February 25, 2011, 04:06:17 PM
Call Primos and ask em'  :icon_thumright:

They wouldn't tell you the truth if they had to.  No pun intended.   :you_rock:

I would almost bet money that I am right, but I can't prove it.  But like I said, I want to know who in fact makes these chokes for Primos.  By contract I can tell you they won't disclose that info.  But I have my reasons why I suspect what I said above.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

So the next time someone starts talking bad about Tru-Glo chokes, they might want to whisper it if they have a Jelly Head choke.   :z-paddy-smiley113:

I'm going to do some research on this, but the fact is no one knows for sure who is actually making these chokes above in the USA. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

That makes me even more convinced that they are in fact made in China.

2 + 2 before :z-paddy-smiley113:

devin4484

The one I picked up today (tightwad) for my girlfriend and the moss 500 20g.  On the back of packaging it says MADE IN USA PRIMOS.  So I hope it is as they say it is lol.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: devin4484 on February 25, 2011, 05:56:58 PM
The one I picked up today (tightwad) for my girlfriend and the moss 500 20g.  On the back of packaging it says MADE IN USA PRIMOS.  So I hope it is as they say it is lol.

That just means where the company that is marketing it is.  See if you can get Primos to say who machines these chokes.  I can almost guarantee you they won't tell you the company that does.  I know most choke manufacturers in the US, and none of them that I know are making this choke. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Think about it like this, if they were to put on the back of the package made in China how that would hurt the sell of these chokes.  They aren't going to do that.  If I can find out the name of the US company that is in fact machining these chokes, then I will eat crow.  But all the info I have so far tells me they are made more than likely in China and marketed in the US by Primos.  That's how they get by with the wording on the back of the package.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 25, 2011, 08:21:35 PM
what does it matter?

Well I was just curious.  But I have read some comments on here about other chokes and guys will make comments about them and buying American, and for the most part I do, but I think some are actually being misled about the Primos chokes and where they truly are made.  

I know Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Trulock, Rhino, Kicks, Comp-n-Choke, Colonial Arms, Carlson's, Briley don't make them and we know Hastings sure don't for they went out of business.  

surehuntsalot

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 25, 2011, 08:26:03 PM
what does it matter?

Well I was just curious.  But I have read some comments on here about other chokes and guys will make comments about them and buying American, and for the most part I do, but I think some are actually being misled about the Primos chokes and where they truly are made.  

I know Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Trulock, Rhino, Carlson's, Briley don't make them and we know Hastings sure don't for they went out of business.  

sorry,I wasn't trying to be a butt ,just wandered what was the big deal about being made in china?
all kinds of parts on your car/truck/suv are made in china
I'd be willing to bet that something somewhere on that computer that you are staring at right now is made in china

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 25, 2011, 08:38:37 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 25, 2011, 08:26:03 PM
what does it matter?

I know Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Trulock, Rhino, Carlson's, Briley don't make them and we know Hastings sure don't for they went out of business.  

sorry,I wasn't trying to be a butt ,just wandered what was the big deal about being made in china?
all kinds of parts on your car/truck/suv are made in china
I'd be willing to bet that something somewhere on that computer that you are staring at right now is made in china

Your cool.  And I agree.  But why give Tru-Glo such a hardway to go when these chokes probably ain't any better from where they are made.  And guys just rant and rave about them.  I guess I don't see the justice in it. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

It's kind of like Bushnell scopes.  Who makes Bushnell scopes?  I can tell you for a fact that Bushnell doesn't.  Bushnell doesn't actually own any factories or the people who makes scopes for Bushnell aren't getting paid by Bushnell.  I ask this question years ago at a Bushnell forum and they refused to give me an answer.  These people who makes these scopes for Bushnell aren't getting paid actually by Bushnell.  They are actually contracting out the work to people they won't tell you about to make their scopes.  The contracters are paying their employees not Bushnell.  I learned that from a guy that I thought was nuts when he told me that.  He was actually correct.