OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

dialed in....SBE2

Started by ghillie, April 05, 2012, 11:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Got to the range the other day to fine tune and try a couple different chokes that are a little more open.  I posted some pattern pics a little while ago shooting the Indian Creek .665 and the Hevi choke at .667, those were at 40 yards and were to my suprise VERY tight.  Mind you this was a new gun, right out of the box and just a quick clean.  After that day I have since deep cleaned and did a light, non-aggressive polish on the barrel.  Went back to the range with a Carlson .685 and a Cabela's Extra Full Turkey Choke at .675 (non-ported).  These patterns were at 35 yards, calm winds and a temp of 72 degrees, dew point was at 66 degrees...
I'm very pleased with the results...i'm not about the numbers, didn't even count, what i'm looking for is a nice dense, even pattern....I think I found it....

first is the Carlson .685 at 35yrd, HV 13, 3 1/2inch, 2 1/4oz, straight 6's

next is the Carlson .685, HV 13, 3 1/2inch, 2 1/4oz, straight 7's...same distance

then the Cabela's .675 at 35yrds, HV 13, 3 1/2inch, 2 /14oz, straight 6's

then the Cabela's .675 with HV 13, 3 1/2inch, 2 1/4oz, straight 7's...

I think I found a deadly combo with this gun...that Cabela's choke was a $24.00 choke!!  outstanding if you ask me...should be a killer for sure.   here are a couple pics of the gun

SBE2, 24inch barrel, Matte Black, Steady Grip Stock, Sure Cycle Magnum Stock Spring, Burris FF3, Claw sling, polished barrel

Here she is all dressed up in her ghillie suit!!!

:OGturkeyhead:

Thanks for looking...

mdtkyhntr

I'd say you got it dialed in. The gun looks pretty sweet too, nice set up.

mossy835

:newmascot: Actually all four are good patterns and about the same as my 835 with a Carlson's .690. Nice looking gun!!

bsci21

Thats awsome for 24$...too.

beagler

All the patterns you posted look good!
Never Misses

nyhunter

bird

I would have to agree with you Steve.  That Cabelas choke throws one heck of a pattern.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

nyhunter

cannonball

hunter-b

yelpy

Very nice. You got youself a good shooting SBEII.

Ryan T

Great pattern and NICE gun... But, why the ghillie suit?  If one of them fools is close enough to see my black gun, he is dead.  Also, if the gun is pointed at the turkey, all he sees is the bore end. I've hunted with a black SX3 for 4 or 5 seasons now, killed 32 birds with the gun and can not recall a time I've thought a bird spooked off the gun.

Spurcollecta

Quote from: Ryan T on May 20, 2012, 09:56:37 AM
Great pattern and NICE gun... But, why the ghillie suit?  If one of them fools is close enough to see my black gun, he is dead.  Also, if the gun is pointed at the turkey, all he sees is the bore end. I've hunted with a black SX3 for 4 or 5 seasons now, killed 32 birds with the gun and can not recall a time I've thought a bird spooked off the gun.

Because ghillie suits are bad a**! :you_rock: