Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

SBE II Jellyhead .660, 3.5" Winchester Xtended #6

Started by mdtkyhntr, April 04, 2012, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdtkyhntr

Shot these two patterns tonight out of a deep cleaned barrel, 68 degrees 12 mph north wind. I missed two birds last year, and I'm sure it was my fault but I wanted more confidence. I deep cleaned first to see what kind of improvement I would see. Last year I was at 125-130 with this same combo. Lasered 40 yds.
First Shot

Second Shot

What do you guys think?

hunter-b

captin_hook

Definitely a pattern that will kill birds. I would expect more in the 10 out of that barrel length ,choke,and load. Try some hevi-13 #6 to see if there is any improvement. But if you don't want to that pattern and load will definitely work.

nyhunter

your right on the money as far as pellet count with your set up. Its shooting just like mine, I wouldn't change a thing that's a great pattern. I deed clean mine every year because its hard to tell if it's dirty with the chrome lined barrel.

mdtkyhntr

Forgot to mention this is a 28" barrel. I have shot the Hevi-13 3.5" in the past with nearly identical results to the Win XR. Overall, I'm confident this will kill birds effectively at 40 and won't be too tight at closer ranges, so I'm going to use it for my season which opens soon. I still would appreciate other opinions as I'm always looking to improve for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigboy84

That's a good looking pattern looks very even. I would shoot the winchester for sure there's no reason to try anymore dead turkeys all day long .Good luck this season.