turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which hawk call?

Started by cahaba, February 07, 2011, 08:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cahaba

I was going to buy a hawk locator call and wanted some advice on which one to get. Thanks David

TauntoHawk

I have the primo power hawk, it was only a couple of dollars. Im sure there are better, I have gotten shock gobbles but no where near consistent. I can get get other hawks to fly by and scream back so I now its real enough just doesn't work as well as other locators I've used.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jbrown

Never had much luck with a hawk call...Primos make a good red tailed hawk call. I would rather have 2 different crow calls.

savduck

If youo can find them an old PS OLT
Georgia Boy

FLAhotdog

Quaker Boy Hawk Scream. I have had great results mid morning to afternoon with the hawk scream. Wont go into the woods without one anymore.

cahaba

Thanks for the recommendation. The turkeys I hunt dont respond to crow calls very often if ever so I thought I might try something different. I have had good luck hootin with my mouth even up in the day. Hope you all have a safe and successful year.....David

knightrider

i have found that a goose call works better than anything i have tried, the more you make it squall the better, ive had them gobble an hour before first light it helps me to get in close when they will shockgobble that early

drum817

I use a Woodhaven Hawk call which also does the pileated woodpecker as well.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"