OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is a good solid, readily available production call?

Started by Danger DAve, April 03, 2012, 09:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger DAve

I have a small, but pretty decent collection of custom calls, most of which I read about on this board.  I went hunting today with no success and felt the urge to head down to Academy and the Sportsman's Warehouse to buy a new call to play with.  Instant gratification that way.

If all of your most prized and cherished calls went the same place that missing socks go, and you had to run out and buy something or not call, what would you go with?

I ask this out of curiosity and also because I wonder if the production stuff is improving through technology or demand.  Thanks for playing.

edited to change custom to production.  derp.

Spring Creek Calls

What kind of production call you looking for? They come in many shapes and sizes. ;D
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Danger DAve

Me?  I would probably grab the one with the most eye catching packaging.  I was more interested in what someone with knowledge of them would get.  I like box calls best probably.  But I couldn't really tell you why.  They just speak to me I guess.

captin_hook

Cody box calls sound good, Primos box cutter, Lynch full proof... I'm guessing these are the types of calls that would be considered production calls.. regardless, they all kill birds.

Danger DAve

Thanks Captain, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for.  I used to have a Box Cutter, and liked it, but I gave it to a friend who liked it more than me.

callmakerman

captin_hook

Well you are a pretty good friend to just give away a box cutter just because your buddy liked it more! Can't go wrong with any of those boxes.

Danger DAve

Quote from: captin_hook on April 03, 2012, 10:27:30 PM
Well you are a pretty good friend to just give away a box cutter just because your buddy liked it more! Can't go wrong with any of those boxes.

I try to be.  He would do the same for me.

drenalinld

HS Strut lil' duece calls are full of turkey and may be the least expensive on the market. A decent wood striker brings them to life. The primos power crystal is a killer. That box cutter is pretty good.

Chris Downs

Primos Heartbreaker or Lil Heartbreaker are two nice production box calls.  Woodhaven Real Hen is a nice box too.

stinkpickle

I still carry my old Primos Power Crystal in my vest.

TREEDOG

Woodhaven Real Hen cherry. if I can not get one to gobble with other calls this one will get one out of them.

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

kenturkey89

Lynch Fool Proof is a really nice one sider box call.
Brian

captin_hook