OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 sm with hevi -13 # 6 , 3 inch

Started by captin_hook, April 03, 2012, 08:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

My first time with hevi shot
Hevi-13 2oz #6 3 inch
Remington 870sm, REM HD turkey/predator choke 21 inch barrel
First time tryin this choke too.
177 in 10 inch circle.

Trevor2

Good even patterning the 10" how many pellets were there in the 10
Strutstopper

captin_hook

I forgot I cropped the pic, I had it written on there, 177 in 10 in circle.

captin_hook

I know one thing, I'm never using lead for turkeys again.

cannonball

Thow a Jellyhead choke in that 870, should get you over 200 hits in the 10"

Lenny870

sugarray

Looks like you got it.  177 is a great number from a 3" shell.  Don't change a thing.  Shoot a couple of more for consistency.  Looks like if you aim at the waddles you'll smoke him every time.

:icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

I got 6+ boxes of the Hevi 3-2-6's to try out in my 870 and two otehr 870's along with a few Mag Blends and straight 7's

have 2 sumtoy chokes, a jellyhead, and a Remington HD to try on saturday. my goal is 200 but anything from 170-220 and I will have FULL confidence
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

captin_hook

I never would have thought that remington HD choke would have performed like it did. I think its .680 constriction, pretty open.

chaz_Z7

that rem choke in my 870 sps... really surprised me also i had almost 230 hits with 3 inch mag blends at 40 yards. mine is a 670

captin_hook

Yeah, just saved some $, no need to buy any other choke. Now I can blow more money on shells.

hd mike

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 04, 2012, 11:00:05 AM
I got 6+ boxes of the Hevi 3-2-6's to try out in my 870 and two otehr 870's along with a few Mag Blends and straight 7's

have 2 sumtoy chokes, a jellyhead, and a Remington HD to try on saturday. my goal is 200 but anything from 170-220 and I will have FULL confidence

Tauntohawk, if you can post your results using the Hevi Shot, 3" ,#6  with the Jellyhead choke, out of your 870.  My son-in-law is thinking of trying the same combo with his gun.
Thanks, Mike