only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Keeping a box call quiet?

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 03, 2012, 03:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Beard

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on April 04, 2012, 11:36:00 AM
Quote from: Turkey Beard on April 04, 2012, 10:55:26 AM
I use toilet paper and use a ponytail holder.  Handy for other uses, too...

Is that what they call multi-tasking?

:goofball:It's called being a firstborn and trying to be prepared for EVERYTHING!  :TrainWreck1:
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

KY_Mike

I "borrowed" two of my wife's ponytail holders.  One of them I use in place of a regular rubberband over the whole box, the other I slip in between the box and lid for transportation.  Works great!

Extremesolo

I use one rubberband.  First, put it over the paddle and then twist a half turn and put it around the whole box.  This way the band is actually between the paddle and the call edges so even if bumped it will not make noise.  If you just wrap the band around the call and not the paddle you will eventually get a horrible screech from the call when you bump it or even when you try to remove the rubberband.

misfire

Quote from: shadetree callers on April 03, 2012, 07:40:18 PM
Buy yourself a Call Muzzle . The are the best tools for silencing that call that talks while you walk . The NWTF did have license to sell them in the Turkey Shoppe . Check there or google call muzzle . They cost $5 and work better than any other method . They are easy to use also .

X2
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

tha bugman

I had this problem this morning...my box call that has remained silent all year decided that today was the day it clucked everytime I took a step....gotta get a tighter rubberband for it I guess

WyoHunter

Quote from: MOStrutter on April 03, 2012, 03:48:57 PM
A rubberband or a tight piece of elastic around the call should stop the sounds.
Works for me!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

HunterMan

Cut off an old sock and just slide it over.

goldenhunter

a cheap can koozie works good for some boxes, you just have to find one that fits your call snug. If its too loose it won't keep it quiet. This one works perfect for my Lynch.

Nolehoe

I make a cork wedge for my calls that keeps the paddle from contacting the sides.

kevin2

I keep those vegetable bands always in a draw, just grabbed it & it seems to work fine.

Good thread...

Quote from: Gobblez on April 03, 2012, 04:11:48 PM
One of those wide rubber bands that are used in the vegetable section of your super market works great. They do not need to be doubled.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

stone road turkey calls

you know, this is what you do with that one sock you have left over, slide it over the handle 
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

SCGobbler

Here is a link for the call muzzle.  I personally had never heard of one.

The Call Muzzle
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

TauntoHawk

primos call silencer.. just a nice fitting peice of rubber with a tab on it.. 3 for $5 or something and they work well
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

M Sharpe

I generally go to Lowe's and get the 12" velcro strips for holding cords and hoses. Place the square under the lid and wrap the tail around the call coming back over the lid..
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

eddie234

I have a call muzzle and the primos bands, both work very well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2