OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

choke suggestions

Started by reynolds243, February 25, 2011, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

ok just looking for some suggestions from what some other people have experience with. I know each gun shoots different and all that goes with picking a choke for your gun.

I currently have a stoeger 2000 with a Jelly head choke. Shooting Xtended range #6 and i ordered some Hevi straight 7 to give a try. I am looking to change to a different choke though. I am down to Indian Creek, Pure gold and Comp - n - choke. I am a bit worried about the comp as it says its not recommended to shoot hevi through.

anyone have any suggestions on those or have a 2000 with a set up they really like. I am not looking for 50yd shots or anything just a very good smooth pattern at 30-40yds.

pullit

I am running mine with an IC choke, Burris FF and a pistol grip stock. I am shooting hand loaded 1/3/4 oz #7 Hevi shot.
This target was shot before I had my FF sighted in.

drum817

If you switch to the Hevi 7's you may not need a new choke.  I would try the Jellyhead first with the 7's.  You might be very suprised.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

shootumindaface

Quote from: drum817 on February 25, 2011, 09:47:33 AM
If you switch to the Hevi 7's you may not need a new choke.  I would try the Jellyhead first with the 7's.  You might be very suprised.
:icon_thumright:

gobb-lemon

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 25, 2011, 09:49:00 AM

SKFOOTER

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 25, 2011, 09:49:00 AM
:agreed: :agreed:

open door

I had to buy a new shotgun for duck hunting, so I got the Beretta Urika 2, which is a 3" magnum. I used a Carlson's choke tube for duck hunting, & it was good. They have turkey tubes, has anyone tried the Optima Plus & if so were the results good? I know each gun may pattern differently, just asking, lol. I also bought a used Remington 870 super magnum as a back-up gun, and got Carlson's turkey choke tube for it (for #5 & #6 shot), but haven't had a chance to pattern it, yet. Any comments will be greatly appreciated - God bless ya'll!!!