OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any body got a 535 tk 3/12"

Started by summitsitter, February 25, 2011, 07:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

summitsitter

I found one for sale.  Apparenlty mossberg made this gun in 3 1/2" but the barrel isn't overbored like on a 835.  Just wondering if anybody has one and how well they pattern not being overbored/backbored.

chatterbox

Quote from: summitsitter on February 25, 2011, 07:31:10 AM
I found one for sale.  Apparenlty mossberg made this gun in 3 1/2" but the barrel isn't overbored like on a 835.  Just wondering if anybody has one and how well they pattern not being overbored/backbored.
I have a 535 and combined with a Jellyhead .660 and hevi-13 3-2-6, I'm getting 189 in a 10" circle at 40 yards.
It took me a while to find the right combo, but once I got it, I was very pleased.

Crappiepro

Yeah Ive got the 535 in the Tactical Turkey model, I put the Kicks Gobblin Thunder .665 on it and shoot the Winchester High Velosity in 3in 5 shot. I tried the 3.5in shells but the gun seems to blow the pattern apart if that sounds right so I went with the 3in. Ive never actually counted the shot numbers of my pattern but at 40 yrds its pretty tight. When the weather breaks Ill have to do a shot count pattern. I dont know alot about the over boreing on gun barrels but this combo I have is pretty good with out the over bore. I think they are really nice guns for the money but they are just now starting to sell accessories for the 535 ATS, that ATS model makes it hard to find extras and chokes for.

[attachment deleted by admin]