News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 835 Mossberg

Started by va longbeard, April 02, 2012, 06:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 02, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
If you want to shoot Hevi-13 3.5" #7's it will be hard to consistently beat a Star Dot choke.  But if you can't find one for a reasonable price,  I would buy a Tru-Glo SSX .670.  

:z-winnersmiley:

Perry296

My 835 likes Hevi 13 #7 3.5 with a jelly head it will 200+ in a 10 circle at 40yds

surehuntsalot

very good choice in turkey guns
hope you enjoy it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FloppinTom

I got 248 in the 10" with hevi straight7s at 40 with the Indian creek .675 choke out of mine yesterday. Got it from midway USA.
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

bbcoach

Va Longbeard,
I sent you a PM with no response, so here is my reply.
You have selected a Great Turkey gun.  I have the same gun and have rigged my gun out just as you have suggested.  I shoot Hevi-13 3 1/2", 2 1/4 oz #7s through a .670 Pure Gold choke and put 300 plus in 10 at 40 yards.  I have put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it and added about 4 ozs of lead shot just ahead of the limbsaver with a piece of styrofoam to fill up the hollow stock.  I'm not sure if the extra weight lessens the recoil but it does help to balance the gun.  I also added a comb raising kit and a Bushnell Red Dot scope to finish it off.  With the added limbsaver, extra weight and comb raising kit, the recoil of my 835 with the 3 1/2" Hevi's is like shooting a 20 guage with dove loads.  Good Luck Rigging out your New Turkey Slayer.
By the way, where are you from?  I grew up in Southwest Va in Chilhowie but now call Eastern NC home.

va longbeard

Thanks for all the great info and the PMs, this is a great forum!

Looking forward to trying the new gun out this weekend!

turkeywhisperer935

Very nice gun congrats, with that gun you can't go wrong with a rhino or a jellyhead choke with the nitro 7s . If you look at price versus results though the jellyhead would be fine, It's cheaper and performs just as well.

pullit

I too was a Remington man but bought a 935. Just remember where the safety is on the Mossy, in the heat of the moment, old habits are hard to break, (don't ask me how I know).....