turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What gauge brush to get for 935?

Started by JustinM, February 24, 2011, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinM

Hey, so i decided to give barrel polishing a try but im stumped on what to get. I plan on buying a SHOTGUN BARREL POLISHING FLEX HONE from Brownells, but not sure which gauge to get it in for my Mossberg 935 with it being overbored. So should i get the 10 gauge brush, or the 12 gauge brush.  Thanks your info will be greatly aprreciated.

The polishing flexhone. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=2761/pid=647/Product/Flex_Hone__12_Gauge_Fine_Bore
Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.

SKFOOTER

S.C.C

Been lookin at those also for a couple years,but haven't tryed them yet.Let us know how they work out for your brl...  :icon_thumright:

Old Gobbler

Be careful with that tool , it works very fast, and make sure you do not run it over any gas ports it can "ring out " a barrel like that -its happened to people before .
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Ctomp1974

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 25, 2011, 07:47:00 AM
Be careful with that tool , it works very fast, and make sure you do not run it over any gas ports it can "ring out " a barrel like that -its happened to people before .

X2!!

bbcoach

The SAFEST and least expensive polishing rig for the 935 is to use a 12 guage brush wrapped with ScotchBrite along with Brownells Bore Polish and Kroil.  Unlike the Hone, that will remove metal from the bore, the ScotchBrite will only POLISH the bore.

BE VERY CAREFUL if you use a HONE   X3!

jayslim

12gauge and wrap it with ScotchBrite pad

drum817

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 25, 2011, 07:47:00 AM

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

joshua

Quote from: bbcoach on February 25, 2011, 08:11:09 AM
The SAFEST and least expensive polishing rig for the 935 is to use a 12 guage brush wrapped with ScotchBrite along with Brownells Bore Polish and Kroil.  Unlike the Hone, that will remove metal from the bore, the ScotchBrite will only POLISH the bore.

BE VERY CAREFUL if you use a HONE   X3!
:agreed:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

runngun

I have the flex hone from brownells. Mine is the Fine, be sure to get the hone oil with it. Keep it moving. Works like a champ.
Mine is the 12 and I have used it in Brownings (backbored).
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.