turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Patriot Trigger Spring Kit...

Started by BigHooks, February 24, 2011, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHooks

I know alot of you have allready worked on your trigger pull. I ordered a Patrot spring kit an it cut my trigger pull in half on my 870. Didn't know that the factory spring was so heavy until I put the Patrot on..

Shotgun Dave

I put a Patroit Spring Kit on my 11-87 Made mine alot better to :turkey2:
All things work together for good !!!

pullit

all my turkey guns (Remington anyway) have one.

honker22

Where is the best place to purchase this kit?  I have an 870 and would like to
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

honker22

woodchip

honker22

says it takes 5 mins with no special tools. So I'd say yes.  Cost a total of $15 AFTER SHIPPING

woodchip

Sounds good,  I asked that before I clicked the link :bike2:

BigHooks

It don't even take 5 min. just knock out two pens that holds your trigger in, an take the spring out with your finger an put the other one in. It's that easy....Johnny...

honker22

I just put mine on and WOW!  After 14 years, I now have a smooth and easy trigger pull on the old 870.  Thanks for the tip, it took about 2 total minutes to break down the gun and install the new spring

bowhunter84

i'm considering doing this to my 1187. what pound pull would you guess it was after installing the kit?

honker22

Just a guess but I'd say 3-4 lbs.... assuming it was at least 8 before.

k9hunter2

Will these springs work on Rem 7400 & 7600 ?

Reloader

Quote from: k9hunter2 on March 03, 2011, 12:44:39 PM
Will these springs work on Rem 7400 & 7600 ?

They sell springs for the 7400/7600 rifles as well.  You can get them in Patriot or from Ernie the gunsmith. I would go Patriot, I didn't get as light a pull from Ernie's spring.

On the question of weight with the Patriot, it varies.  I bought one that was 2.5lbs, then ordered two more that were 4-5lbs.  Those two didn't make a diff to the two guns, one stayed the same and the other went up 1lb.  They were nice about it and sent me two new springs that were 3 and 3.5lbs.  I've installed 5-6 of these springs and they've went as low as 2.5-2.75 to 3-3.5.  I would order the Patriot only thinking it will be 3-3.5, which is a heck of alot better than the 5-8lb lawyer springs Rem slaps on them.