OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran Twisted Sister or Crystal Mistress?????????

Started by SKFOOTER, March 29, 2012, 05:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

I've listened to both of these calls and can't make up my mind.  I like the high/frontend raspy/backend two note yelp and the raspier the better.  Those of you with experience with each call please chime in.  Thanks. 

TauntoHawk

Twisted Sister has more bite too it for sure, I wouldnt trade mine for anything. ear peircing front end automatic roll over into hard edgy rasp. you can still get soft on it and take to rasp out for the sweet little high pitch tree clucks and yelps

I dont think you'd end up with buyers remorse over either though
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

va longbeard

I have played both at David's booth at a hunting show and I walked away with the Twisted Sister, this call has a great breaking yelp and can get loud or soft.   Either one is a fine call and you cannot go wrong either way.

Scout24

Got both and they're really close.  It takes a discriminating, seasoned ear to tell much of a difference. CM is a bit "clearer" of tone and was death on my three toms last year, so it'll be hard to switch. The TS has more rasp for sure and sounds bold with a pronounced rollver with a fish hook stroke. If David is following this thread I'd like to hear his thoughts.

glennz

Can anyone post a link to a soundfile or youtube of the twisted sister? Thanks

TauntoHawk

There's a video on David's Facebook and do a search on here someone posted a video a little while ago.. All it took was me hearing those 2 shot clips and I bought mine
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Downs

crystal mistress is cleaner with less overall rasp.  the twisted sister has a clear front and dead on rasp on the back, but has just a touch more edge or bite on the front end than the mistress.  if i had to pick only one, it would be the twisted sister.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gatrkyhntr70

the crystal mistress is a killer!! I havent heard the twisted sister yet but everyone of Davids calls Ive seen or had was a top notch  and pure turkey !
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

drenalinld

These guys have nailed it. I have both and they are awesome! Cannot go wrong. Twisted sister has an edgier bite on the font end and nasty rasp on the tail end. Crystal Mistress is clearer and a little less raspy on the break over. Kinda like Carrie Underwood vs Stevie Nix. Twisted sister has been smoking a few years.

drenalinld

Here is a clip of me running the Crystal Misstress.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/drenalinld/c092eb3a.mp4

SKFOOTER

I thought the Twisted Sister was new for this year.  Did you mean the Crystal Mistress has been smoking for years??

worth612000

Twisted Sister is new. He was comparing the rasp to a long time smoker. I heard that statement before regarding this call. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

drenalinld

Quote from: worth612000 on March 29, 2012, 11:30:36 PM
Twisted Sister is new. He was comparing the rasp to a long time smoker. I heard that statement before regarding this call. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Exactly, I just meant it sounded very similar to the Mistress only a few years down the road after smoking a few packs per day.

Here is me running the the Twisted Sister. I preferred the Mistress untill listened to these clips I just made. Cannot go wrong either way. I used the same striker on each call for comparison. It is a Halloran Macassar Ebony striker.

http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/drenalinld/?action=view&current=9e4b06a2.mp4

dirt road ninja

Man, I think ya just sold me on both. Thanks for the posts.