OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Williams on SBE2 and Burris Issue

Started by agturkey, March 27, 2012, 10:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Called Williams today they said their tropy slugger will not fir SBE2 vent rib!!!? My new Burris Speedbead already has bit the dust must got one made on Friday at 5.  Will see how well that warranty turns out...

jasperjet

I wanted a sight on mine also but triangle shaped rib is hard to fit. put a turkeypro on but would like to know if anyone has a sight solution

BurrisOptics

What's the problem with the SpeedBead?

agturkey

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: agturkey on March 28, 2012, 04:18:05 PM
It does not stay locked bead moves

is it the NEW FF III or the FFII?  If it's the FF II, you need to lock the sight down by way of the two small silver screw on the very back of the sight.  Also, be sure not to try and make ANY adjustments if the screws aren't loosened up before hand!  Mine has AT LEAST 3,500 rounds through it with the majority being hard kicking waterfowl and turkey loads.  They have a 1 yr wrrty if you do actually have an issue that you can't fix yourself.  I'm sure BurrisOptics will provide better insight on this than me but I did sell the Burris brand for almost a decade and never once had a warranty issue that wasn't handled quicly.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Carp

Quote from: agturkey on March 28, 2012, 04:18:05 PM
It does not stay locked bead moves

I have the same problem on my speedbead. I changed the battery and noticed a circular clip floating around loose inside.

VPHC

Mine moves too.  Two friends of mine have one.... theirs wont stay put either.  I lost a predator tournament because of it.  What to do? 

sugarray

Guys, you just need to get with Burris and they will fix you up.  Their CS is second to none!!

BurrisOptics here on OG is a fine man and will get things fixed for you!!

BurrisOptics

If you are having an issue with your sight then shoot me a PM and give me some specifics.  If it won't stay put, is it the mount, the sight, the locks?  We'll get you squared away so I just need to have an idea of what the issue might be. 

Carp

I finally sent mine to Burris this week. I think the little c-clip floating around inside might be related to the problem. We'll see.

BurrisOptics

That C clip shouldn't be loose.  Sent that to us and we'll replace it. 

I haven't heard anything from anyone else in this thread.  We'll take care of whatever the problem is but I really can't speculate on the problem until someone gives me an idea of what we're looking at.  Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume it's been handled?  let me know. 

I can only think of 3 possible issues with the dot moving. 

1. The sight is not locked using the lock screws
2. the mount is not locked into position using the wedge screw at the back of the mount
3.  The stock isn't tight enough allowing the base plate to move. 

Without knowing more I would say it's most likely #2 but it's hard to say.  I've been using one on a Remy 870 for coyotes for 3 years and haven't had any issues.