turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How good (or bad) is this?

Started by nogoodreezen, March 27, 2012, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogoodreezen

Stopped in a shop on my way home from work today. I work out of town and the shop is an hour from the house but the owner offered to put a pure gold. 670 in it for me to shoot. If I don't like it I don't buy it. Thats great service from someone I've never met. Said he would not lie to me and say or would fix everything but he seems to think or will be much better. His.only concern was that constricting that much with 7 shot might blow my pattern out. Is it possible that is what is happening with the JH?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jourdan_D

Jellyhead is to open imo. Its a .690 the 835 with number 7 shot likes something between a .670 and .680.  All would depend on how open you want the pattern.  The more pellets you bring into the 19 the less there is for the 20 :)

VAarrowslinger

the JH is a fine hunting choke for the 835. my 835 put around 225 in the 10" with a JH using 2 1/4oz  hevi 7's. I have an SSX .670 and a carlsons .675 and both will get close to the 300 mark consistently but the JH is a much more even pattern for hunting to 40yds and beyond.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase