OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kicks 680 and Maxus Tss

Started by jrseale82, March 26, 2012, 10:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrseale82

After not being satisfied with the 696 Pure Gold I ordered a Kicks Gobbling Thunder 680 thanks to some suggestions from people here.  I think I am now ready for Sunday.  This was from my Maxus with 680 Gobbling Thunder and lasered 40 yards and temp around 70. 3'' 2oz 8s.

239 in the 10
234 in the best 20 I could make

I also put the top off of a plastic drum with was 1/2'' thick to see what would happen.  Several of the 8s went all though way through but stuck on the other side.  A number of them stuck in the front side.  Let me know what yall think.

Front side

Exit side

jrseale82

Thanks.  I think that was my fault. I did count the number of hits in my make-shift turkey head and neck and it it was in the mid 50's.

yelpy

sugarray

Glad that Kick's worked out well for you!   I am thinking of getting one for my 835.  Did you get the Camo version or black?

jrseale82

Hal,
I hope I get the chance to try them out Sunday and thanks for all of the help.

Sugarray,
They were sold out of the camo so i had to get the black.  I sure am glad you talked me into getting it.

joker

I just got a pure gold .680 to try in my Browning gold with 9 & 9x8 tss. The .696 was too open for my gun & load. The pg .670 was close but a little to tight. It didn't blow the pattern, just had more in the 10 (404) than needed, and could use a few more in the 20 (246).

jrseale82

Quote from: el diablo on March 27, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
  I would have thought the .680 woulda sucked. 

Hopefully it will suck for the turkeys

jrseale82