OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 20ga Build

Started by Sand Man, March 23, 2012, 07:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUPREE

Quote from: killdee on April 19, 2012, 02:00:19 PM
I will try to find some flat clear coat then.
walmart has it. I use it for duck decoys I paint.

killdee

Where are the finished photos sandman? I had to search for this thread to see it and no pic's??????????

captin_hook

Man I'd like to see the finished product.. That's the sweetest paint job I've ever seen on a gobbler gun!

Sand Man

Sorry.  I got busy killing turkeys.  I'll take some tonight when I pull some guns out I'm going to sell.  Hope y'all don't mind blood!   :funnyturkey:

On edit:  The links are on the second page.  Although, they aren't embedded or that great.  I'll try to take some in the sunlight this afteroon with the DSLR.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Sand Man

Not the best photos.  Thunderstorm was rolling in, so no bright sunlight and flash was washing out the photos.  I still suck with this DSLR.  First paint job.  I personally don't like how dark and busy I got the gun.  I think less is more.  Dad wants me to paint his, so I think I'm going to try for the old school treebark pattern with the turkey tracks being bright green.

Here are the pics:

redarrow

:icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright:  That is the coolest turkey gun on mother earth.

SumToy

:you_rock: Like the paint job. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

killdee

I'll have to agree, thats probably the best looking painted shotgun I have seen. Looks great Sand man

Sand Man

Thanks.  It was my first, so I'm not 100% satisfied with it.  Learned a lot during the process.  The good news is I have 3 more in the safe to perfect my technique on for my dad and two friends.  Just need to find the time to paint them.  :newmascot:

captin_hook

Love it! That's a sick rig.

Northerner

You did a great job, congrats!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

redleg06

Quote from: Sand Man on July 27, 2012, 11:58:37 PM
Thanks.  It was my first, so I'm not 100% satisfied with it.  Learned a lot during the process.  The good news is I have 3 more in the safe to perfect my technique on for my dad and two friends.  Just need to find the time to paint them.  :newmascot:

You could definitely improve on that piece....I'll send you mine here in a couple weeks and you can knock yourself out. :toothy12: :toothy12:

Sand Man

Thanks for the compliments.  I'll try to do a detailed step-by-step on the next one I paint. It's really not that hard.  Just time consuming.

Quote from: redleg06 on August 10, 2012, 07:36:15 PM
You could definitely improve on that piece....I'll send you mine here in a couple weeks and you can knock yourself out. :toothy12: :toothy12:

You hold your breathe!   :toothy12:  I'd do it for Little C, but I hear he's a deer hunter now!  :TooFunny:

chatterbox

What a fantastic looking paint scheme!
You did a great job, and should be very proud of how that gun turned out! :icon_thumright: