OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 20ga Build

Started by Sand Man, March 23, 2012, 07:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

Gun started as a youth Remington 870 20g with wood stocks.  I had my buddy who owns a pawn shop looking for me one.  He found me a gem.  First thing I did was replace the wood furniture with Knoxx SpecOps adjustable butt stock and the wood forearm with a Remington factory synthetic forearm.  Also ordered a mag cap from Remington at the same time with the sling swivel stud.  Why they just don't put that on from the factory I'll never know.  I already had a $10 Remington Super Full choke from Clark on here before I ever got the gun.  Replaced the recoil pad on the Knoxx with a Limbsaver.  Next up I polished the barrel and pattern tested with TSS to make sure she was a shooter.  Got some great patterns, so off to the Smith the gun went to have the receiver drilled and tapped for a rail.  Once I got the gun back, I fully disassembled it and decided to paint it myself with a little twist.  Here's a little taste of the paint job:

Next up, reassemble after I get the FF II guard from Warbird in and painted as well as paint my choke, mount the Burris FF II, sight in, and test it on some turkeys.

I'll put some complete pics up when I'm done.   :drool:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

rtsj

Sandman that is sweet! Love the turkey tracks!  :drool: Did the same with my super bantam. Had the rail and ff2 guard from warbird dipped and now my chokes are getting done as well! Awesome job!!

Roy

BlkJeep

Nice looking build. Do you happen to know the Limbsaver part number you used? Thanks.

redarrow

Tom Foolery

That is a great paint job!  Love the turkey tracks too.

swamppirate

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

mr meat

TrackeySauresRex

Real sweet!  :icon_thumright: can't wait to see the finished product...
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mrlongbeard

man that is awesome !!! sweetest lookin custom gun ive seen . :drool:

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

redleg06

Seeing this gun makes me remember the other thing I had down on my list of favors for you to do for me yesterday....  :drool:

I'm not even joking....upon second review of this, you gotta show me how to do that to my 1187. 

Sand Man

Thanks for the compliments.  I'll take some pictures this week after I get it assembled and the FF II put on.

Quote from: BlkJeep on March 23, 2012, 09:57:38 AM
Nice looking build. Do you happen to know the Limbsaver part number you used? Thanks.

Not sure on the part number, but I ordered it from Optics Planet.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-knoxx-limbsaver-butt-pad-fits-04-08-90-series.html

My other one should be in this week.  When it comes in, I'll see if I can find a part number on the package if you don't want to order it from OP.

Quote from: redleg06 on March 25, 2012, 09:56:24 PMI'm not even joking....upon second review of this, you gotta show me how to do that to my 1187. 

hahahaha.  I was wondering how long it was going to take for that favor to be asked.   :funnyturkey:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

rtsj

Sandman. How about a YouTube tutorial?

Roy

BlkJeep

Thanks Sandman. The link is good enough.

redleg06

Sandman, my wife (who's 1/3 of your size) would also be interested in having a recoil reducing device put on her 20 Gauge shotgun...