OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Supernova bead replacement

Started by joffutt1, March 22, 2012, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joffutt1

Has anyone released the stock red fiber optic in the Supernova or Nova. Whenever I step outside at dusk to test it out I notice that it's pretty terrible at gathering light.

If I replace it with another fiber optic bead will should I still use the mid bead? Will it throw my POI off?

Snoody Bastid

I have the same gun and my bead is kinda dark also. The Supernova I had before it had a nice bright sight, so I guess there not all like that. Scopes/Red dots weren't working out for me with this gun, so I think I'll go with adjustable sights. But if my initial POA/POI is good to go then I'll just leave it alone.

joffutt1

I thought about getting a front abs rear sight with adjustability so if it was off I could adjust but if I just got a front sight was curious if it could hurt more than help.

Snoody Bastid

I guess you can try one of those fiber optic "light pipe" front sights that come with pipes of a different height. You can find which height works for you. Now if your windage is off, well I think you'd have to go to plan B.

EMSDJ2

I replaced the stock bead on my SBE II with this one.  WOW was all i could say. 

http://www.basspro.com/HiViz-Compsight-Shotgun-Sight/product/10212842/75514