Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

535 pattern pics UPDATED with 10 and 20 rings.

Started by yelpy, March 22, 2012, 05:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

I am just looking for a good kill pattern at 40 for my 11 year old nephew. Nothing to tight want to give him a little margine for error.

This one is the Hevi #5's / TSS #8's duplex 2oz out of Sumtoys Foul Play choke.

This one is a Heavyweight #'7 / TSS #8's duplex 2oz load same choke.

yelpy

Here is another pic. This one is a 2oz load of Hevi #6's. Indian Creek .660.

Reloader

Yelpy,

Those all appear to have about the same size pattern, but it's hard to judge with no size reference.

If they are indeed similar size, I would choose the Hevi 6 load for the young hunter simply because it's very even throughout.  All of those are plenty even enough to get the job done.

Good Luck

ILIKEHEVI-13

Maybe I'm missing the picture here, but how many 11 yr olds would want to shoot a 2oz load? 

yelpy

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 22, 2012, 07:17:23 PM
Maybe I'm missing the picture here, but how many 11 yr olds would want to shoot a 2oz load? 

The young fella just eats it up! He is not your average 11 year old. He is very thick headed. He uses a
30-06 for deer hunting and loves to shoot it off the bench. He started using a 12gauge when he was 9 with light loads and worked his way up to the heavy stuff. He just enjoys it. 

yelpy

Quote from: Reloader on March 22, 2012, 06:46:26 PM
Yelpy,

Those all appear to have about the same size pattern, but it's hard to judge with no size reference.

If they are indeed similar size, I would choose the Hevi 6 load for the young hunter simply because it's very even throughout.  All of those are plenty even enough to get the job done.

Good Luck

I couldn't find my tape to mark the circles. I was thinking the #6's also. The Hevi #5 / TSS #8
load may be a good one also because I am thinking the #8's may be a little more open at closer range.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: yelpy on March 22, 2012, 07:58:05 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 22, 2012, 07:17:23 PM

The young fella just eats it up! He is not your average 11 year old. He is very thick headed. He uses a
30-06 for deer hunting and loves to shoot it off the bench. He started using a 12gauge when he was 9 with light loads and worked his way up to the heavy stuff. He just enjoys it. 

Well then he's a pretty experienced shooter then.  I see now. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think Reloader has it right in the 6's. 

SumToy

This one is a Heavyweight #'7 / TSS #8's duplex 2oz load
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

yelpy

Quote from: SumToy on March 22, 2012, 09:17:40 PM
This one is a Heavyweight #'7 / TSS #8's duplex 2oz load

Your help is greatly appreciated!! Very nice work on the chokes the fit is perfect..

yelpy

Quote from:  link=topic=21700.msg239333#msg239333 date=1332507559
They all look pretty good.  

But without circles and numbers, it's easy to get fooled on what is actually happening with the core and periphery of the pattern.  I'd love to see 10" and 20" circles and numbers on these....

OK here you go:

First one is Heavyweight #7's and TSS #8's duplex. 213 in 10 and 164 in 20.

Second is the Hevi#5's and TSS #8's duplex. 133 in 10 and 180 in the 20.

Didn't get to the straight hevi #6's yet.

Got the 10" for the 2oz. of Hev #6's. They are 141 in 10.

Mimosa Gobbler

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

cannonball