turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Small Gap Speedbead SBEII?

Started by agturkey, March 21, 2012, 11:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Have a small to slight gap when mounted Burris Speedbead on SBEII tonight.  Normal!?

BurrisOptics

I don't think so.  I'll ask though.  You gotta really crank down on that stock bolt. 

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 22, 2012, 06:25:37 PM
I don't think so.  I'll ask though.  You gotta really crank down on that stock bolt. 

Affirmative!  The split pins in the sight mount are a tad larger than the holes in the frame and it takes quite a bit to crank it down so that they are flush.  I had the same thing with my SB mount on my SBE II and all the ones I ever sold at my old store.  Like Burris Optics said, you just gotta crank down on the stock retainer nut till it's flush.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BurrisOptics

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 24, 2012, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 22, 2012, 06:25:37 PM

Affirmative!  The split pins in the sight mount are a tad larger than the holes in the frame and it takes quite a bit to crank it down so that they are flush.  I had the same thing with my SB mount on my SBE II and all the ones I ever sold at my old store.  Like Burris Optics said, you just gotta crank down on the stock retainer nut till it's flush.

Yup that's the issue.  Those roll pins need to slide into position.  Make sure you have them lined up properly before you start cranking and then really get on it.  Once the mounting plate, stock, and receiver are all flush then stop cranking.  The stock and receiver will make those pins slide in the mounting plate and into position.