turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional forThursday 3/22/2012

Started by Roostem33, March 21, 2012, 09:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." (Revelation 3: 15-16)

A half-hearted commitment to God is illogical. Paul wrote to the believers at Rome, "Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service" (Romans 12:1). He was effectively saying, "This is the logical thing to do."

It is like trying to get into the water at the beginning of summer. The air temperature is hot, but the water is cold. So you go in slowly and get up to your knees, and then you start to recoil. It would be better to either dive in and get wet, or just get out of the water.

That is how a lot of believers are. They have an attitude that says, "Well, I am kind of in, but I am not totally in. And I am a little bit out. I am just not sure." It is a miserable no-man's-land.

Jesus said, "If the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men" (Matthew 5:13).

As you grow older, your commitment should grow stronger. You should be more committed to Christ at 52 than you were at 17. So make a commitment to Him—and stand by it.

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Turkey Beard

This is one of my memory verses....thanks.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

BOFF

Great reminder Jody!!

Thank you for your faithfulness!!

God Bless,
David B.

pappy

Jody, Excellent choice for a devotional, I was thinking on the same subject just yesterday, so many of us "older" folks really need to take stock in our relationships with the Lord, I was thinking about how much my wife has gone through with me over the past 40 years of marriage, yet she is so much more committed to seeing this marriage through to the end then ever before......I believe we begin to see just how important a true relationship with someone is as we tend to get older and become more dependent upon those with whom we have that relationship with....such a great devotional...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206