OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just What I Like.....CONSISTENCY!!

Started by Punisher, March 20, 2012, 06:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punisher

I recently had a post in the turkey gun section about the performance of Win. Extended Range 3.5 #4s in my Win. SX2 with a Trulock non ported Precision Hunter .670.  Here are four pattern pics.  The first two are at a taped 40 yds. with 132(actually recounted twice and got 134)/10" and 130/10".  The next two are at a generous stepped 40 yds. to take care of any fudge factor and got 113/10" and 116/10".  I am definitely pleased with the results!! :happy0064:

coyotetrpr

Those 4's should knock a bird flat. Awsome patterns. :icon_thumright:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

beagler

Never Misses

remmy1187

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

cannonball

savduck

I LOVE #4s. That is quite possibly the best 40 yard 4 pattern Ive seen and its just and added bonus that they happen to be the extended range. Those ought to hit one like a freight train.
Georgia Boy

FttFttVroom!

Punisher

Yeah, I am definitely glad I came upon this little combo.  I know it is not the most pellets of any combo in the 10 but there sure is several big ones there. ;D

dwbiggs

Nice...was wondering how the Trulock Turkey chokes patterned...have never seen one done other than Randy Wakemans articles.  I have a Precision Hunter waterfowl choke and I think I know what I will get for my Maxus!  :icon_thumright:

BIGGUS

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

hunter-b

Lenny870

surehuntsalot

would love it if one of my guns would throw a pattern like that with #4's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase