OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

336 Mount?/Crazy?

Started by st8tman, March 19, 2012, 11:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

I have a 336 mount I am using to attach a FFIII to a SBEII. I have found out the holes DO NOT align, so I will have to have one hole drilled. I was thinking of having the extra hole drilled in the mount itself and using the factory holes as opposed to having the additional hole drilled and tapped into the receiver. Am I crazy? Or is this a viable alternative??? If this has been covered before...I apologize, but need advice as I am getting ready for final patterning/opening of season. Thanks for your input.

redarrow

I would drill the mount myself.

paladin

I would drill the mount also. Just remember to counter sink the hole.
"have gun-will travel"

BurrisOptics

01Foreman400

My gunsmith didn't feel comfortable doing it that way.  He drilled me another hole on my gun.  Which was fine with me.  As much as this topic comes up I still can't believe Burris doesn't have a mount for the Benelli's.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 19, 2012, 03:24:35 PM
My gunsmith didn't feel comfortable doing it that way.  He drilled me another hole on my gun.  Which was fine with me.  As much as this topic comes up I still can't believe Burris doesn't have a mount for the Benelli's.

Agreed!!  Those suckers would sell like hot cakes!!  I know this guy would buy one fo sho! :drool:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BurrisOptics

Believe me, I wish we made something like that too.