turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem 870 choke?

Started by Kyfoster11, February 23, 2011, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyfoster11

Ive got a rem 870 21 in barrel and I am wanting to shoot win #5 3 in through it.  Any recommendations on a choke?  Or what choke/shell combos are good out of the rem.
thanks
ky

devin4484

some say on here that the jelly head is the holy grail when it comes to a remington

Kyfoster11

Jbird22

I have a Kick's GT .655 and a JellyHead .665 and both do well with #6 lead. The JH is far better with hevi shot though.

For your setup I would recommend a JH in a .660 and spend the $ you save on ammo.

Kyfoster11

Im a big Kick's fan.  I was recommended a 660 rhino by a friend and was wondering if the kicks 660 would do well  with the #5 wins.

devin4484

i dont think you can go wrong with a kicks especially when it comes to lead.  I own two one for my stoeger .655 and one for the mossberg 835 .670

BigPeck215

if i were going to shoot lead only my first choke would be a kicks gobblin thunder and then a truglo ssx both of those have performed well with lead for me

Kyfoster11

BP what size Kicks would you shoot?  I really like a #5 shot.  I was thinking a 660.
k

SumToy

we run a 660 with the lead and 675 rang with the Heavy stuff.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BigPeck215

kicks recommends a .660 for the 3" shells and a .665 for the 3.5's in shells in number 5

personally i would go with the .660 because that choke will also shoot 6's well too, so you are covered if you decide to shoot 5's or 6's

http://kicks-ind.hostasaurus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Kicks&Category_Code=GobblinThunder

Jbird22

If you decide to go with Kick's I would recommend the .660

3" 870 Shell Shucker

BrowningGuy88

My 870 is a 20, but I run Truglo Gobble Stopper Extreme with lead 5's and it is death in a small package. It also has a 21" barrel.

I would either go with a Truglo or Kicks personally, but there are a lot of good chokes out there.

Daman

Kyfoster11

Daman what # choke is the Truglo you used with the #5's?
thanks
ky

BrowningGuy88

SKU#  TG177X    

It is .565 constriction. I have killed one at 47 yards lasered after the shot and he looked like he was hit by lightning. Under 45 and it just bowls them over. Under 25 and it will literally cut his head off.

Daman