Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Winchester HV 3" Mag #6 with Rhino Choke Tube results at 40 yards

Started by parija001, March 17, 2012, 12:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parija001

I just wanted to share some pattern testing results I did with the Rhino Choke Tube. This choke tube has never let me down, it also produces excellent results with 3 " Remington # 5 Hevi Shot.

cannonball

mossy835

Hooksnhorns

Don't Tread On Me

Gadget

Quote from: parija001 on March 17, 2012, 12:45:05 PM
I just wanted to share some pattern testing results I did with the Rhino Choke Tube. This choke tube has never let me down, it also produces excellent results with 3 " Remington # 5 Hevi Shot.

your first post ehh...hmm sure is a tight pattern for lead........ ;)

So what's you affiliation with Rhino choke tubes?

parija001

:turkey2:

no affiliation with rhino chokes, just an excellent shooting choke.

Gadget

Quote from: parija001 on March 19, 2012, 01:01:39 PM
:turkey2:

no affiliation with rhino chokes, just an excellent shooting choke.

Well it looks like you put around 200 pellets or about 80% of the load in a 10" circle @ 40yds, that should be a new world record for 1 3/4oz lead 6's, maybe you should start shooting some competitions with that setup, you could win a lot of money.

Gadget

saw that 188 on the target , figured that to be just the head and neck of the turkey .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

pullit

Rhino makes a great choke (in my book) but the owner is a little hard to take (also in my book).

turkey_slayer

Thats one heck of a lead pattern!  Are you sure thats 40 yards though?  Never shot/seen any lead pattern come close to that.

Reloader

Great pattern, but I'd measure the distance again and try a few more to check consistency.  Rhino chokes do really well with lead.  I shot some of the referenced shells in a Rhino 660 just the other day and they barely broke 100, but gave a nice even pattern.  It's also about the only choke I've seen shoot the Remington lead shells worth a hoot. They actually outperformed the wins(never thought I'd make that comment).

The Rhino 660 in my 870SM with 25" bbl shoots my lead handloads very well.  Good chokes for sure.

dwbiggs

Not real up on my Winchester ammo....is this their Supreme Elite, Supreme, or SuperX? 

BIGGUS