turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Moss 9200, Jelleyhead,

Started by AR_gobblergetter, March 15, 2012, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_gobblergetter

well you guys were right .it broke .this gun was my uncles that passed away . it was brand new just sitting on shelf for many years and I was dead set on using it in remembrance of him, so I bought a Jelleyhead and gobbledot sights and went to shoot it ..after 4 shots it wouldnt fire , the spring either weakened or broke that hit the firing pin ....well I called Mossberg and they said to send it in ...2 weeks later I recieved my gun back and they replaced parts with updated better parts ...they also test fired it 45 times,  Ive shot 32 turkey loads out of it the past two days and it functions great ...I have other guns to use but really wanted to use this in memory of my uncle ...heres the patterns ......

I shot Hevi shot 5's   6's   and blend

win 3 #5's
various rem loads  and some federals

My favorite was the rem nitro premier 2 oz #5's 3in 
here it is @30 yards 
    then 2nd target @42 yards works for me tickeled to try it out

devin4484

What camo pattern is that anyone know?  I want to find an 835 with that camo pattern in a bad way.  My buddies dad has a 9200 and he says it takes chunks out of turkeys heads at 40 yards with it I guess lol. 

AR_gobblergetter

chrmayo

I love the looks and feel of these guns. Everyone on  multiple forums talked me out of one.
-MAYO-

ILIKEHEVI-13

Nice pattern.

That 9200 should function well now that they fixed it.  There's a bunch more of them out there that probably still need fixing though.  But they are a nice looking gun.  My buddy had one that had other issues.  I shot it once and told him what I thought. 

AR_gobblergetter

I hope it holds together ..its got more sentimental value than anything ..

Rockhound

Ive got a 5500 MKII that is identical to that. the 9200 replaced the 5500 MKII and everyone says they are junk but my brother had mine he bought it from one of his high school teachers then i got it and it has been running the turkey woods for i know for a fact at least 20 years and has not malfunctioned the first time. People can bad talk em all they want but you have a grade A gun there.

AR_gobblergetter

Im very pleased with it ..it shoots great Ive shot it a bunch the last 3 days and Its doin its job ..I figure it will be a great gun to carry around short and light ..Ive got a bunch of turkey guns but will be using this april 14th on our opener

Hooksnhorns

Nice pattern. And a good lookin gun. I like that old MO Treestand camo !!
Don't Tread On Me

BBD

Good Patterns  I have one just like it. What did Mossberg charge you to fix it ? Mine hangs up about every 3rd shot.

AR_gobblergetter

was free ...good customer service

bowhunter32

i have sn old school 835 in that camo....gobbler slayer!