OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1187 OLD SCHOOL AND MAGNUM BLEND

Started by GOLD HUNTER, March 15, 2012, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

I took the old 1187 to the shooting range today and tried some Magnum Blend 3" ammo in it at 40 yards.  It has a 21" barrel and the temperature was about 60 degrees.  Since I'm out of TSS and can't get any before our season begins, I guess I"ll be hunting with this setup.  It averaged about 210 in a 10" circle with an IC 665. I never shot Magnum Blend in a 3" gun before so this should be about average.  What do you all think and has anyone else tried these in a Remington? They were $ 17.99 a box.

What numbers are you getting?   :OGturkeyhead:

thanks brian

mossy835

I have a different gun but the Mag Blend is devastating on turkeys for me it is my go to ammo!

vaturkey

Vaturkey

MS Hntr

I will be shooting the same 21" 11-87 with mag blend and a Remington SF choke. I posted pattern pics here about a week ago. I'm getting 170's in 10" at 40. Ready to give them a little field testing. I think they will do the trick.

cannonball

sippy cup

nice striker sorry i could not go they had me work 16 instead of 8 :icon_thumright:
beware of longdale legend

Trevor2

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on March 15, 2012, 05:57:02 PM
I took the old 1187 to the shooting range today and tried some Magnum Blend 3" ammo in it at 40 yards.  It has a 21" barrel and the temperature was about 60 degrees.  Since I'm out of TSS and can't get any before our season begins, I guess I"ll be hunting with this setup.  It averaged about 210 in a 10" circle with an IC 665. I never shot Magnum Blend in a 3" gun before so this should be about average.  What do you all think and has anyone else tried these in a Remington? They were $ 17.99 a box.

What numbers are you getting?   :OGturkeyhead:

thanks brian

I shot my 870 special purpose with 21" barrel today with that load, 72 degrees and got 191 first shot and 213 the second shot. Seems your bout average there.
Strutstopper

joshua

Brian, my slightly newer 1187 averages around 240 in the 10" with the 3.5's. I would say for the 3" your #'s are pretty darn good.  :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

MS Hntr

Quote from: MS Hntr on March 15, 2012, 08:39:04 PM
I will be shooting the same 21" 11-87 with mag blend and a Remington SF choke. I posted pattern pics here about a week ago. I'm getting 170's in 10" at 40. Ready to give them a little field testing. I think they will do the trick.
Shot a gobbler at 32 yds yesterday and the mag blends are NASTY on a turkey's head. I know they are not TSS but I think you will be pleased. :z-guntootsmiley:

antiwheeze

hunter-b

yelpy

Looks good to me. You having TSS withdrawls?

Borat

Brian-

I shoot an 3.5" 11-87 with a Rhino .665 and averaged 248 in a 10" @ 40 yds with Mag Blends.  Hands down your 3" is doing better than a lot of other 3.5" gun patterns I see on here.  Very nice job.  I'm sure you're excited to hunt your "new" old school 1187.

GregWinesette

Mag blends are Nasty! love that old camo too! :OGturkeyhead:

goblr77