OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

benneli barrels

Started by sippy cup, March 15, 2012, 12:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippy cup

Do they make a after market barrels for m2 and sbe2 :funnyturkey:
beware of longdale legend

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

mightyjoeyoung

Gunbroker.com and egunparts are good places to pick up used/new barrels for them.  Otherwise you have to go straight through Benelli and they'll run you around 550-600 bucks.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

zach06

The guy that answered the phone a kicks chokes today told me I would be looking for a barrel if I didn't stop shooting hevi shot through my gobbling thunder.  I told him its already had a few hundred hevi- shot through it, with around 100 being nitro. According to him I'm gambling.

joshb311

Quote from: zach06 on March 15, 2012, 07:57:13 PM
The guy that answered the phone a kicks chokes today told me I would be looking for a barrel if I didn't stop shooting hevi shot through my gobbling thunder.  I told him its already had a few hundred hevi- shot through it, with around 100 being nitro. According to him I'm gambling.

I don't understand that one either.... I talked to a gentleman from Kicks and he said no on the Hevi-Shot to me as well but instead recommended the Winchester XR which is advertised as HTL. What is the difference?

zach06

He claimed that hevi-13 is twice as hard as steel (which I have no idea about)  and that win. Ext range was only a little harder than lead. Then he said nitro was ok because they have some lead in them which is false. Their economy loads have lead but there hevishot loads do not.

zach06

Someone in another thread suggested that the kicks guys don't like the people at hevi13, and that kicks was in bed with Winchester. It may or may not be true but I don't seem any other reason for their anti hevi shot aditude.

joshb311

That is odd. As far as I can tell they are both tungsten alloys. How could they really vary that much in hardness as to damage a choke? Just seems odd. Maybe my thinking is wrong.... I'd love to hear some kind of input someone that happens to know for sure about the difference between the two.