OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who Makes Best Copper Call

Started by glennz, March 13, 2012, 12:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennz

Who makes the best copper call and which wood, model, striker do you recommend?

letinmfly

I have one from Frank Kruer and it is the best sounding copper call I've personally heard or played.  The pot is a laminate and it comes with two Zebrawood strikers.  One a laminate and one solid Zebrawood.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

slicksbeagles1

try Darrell Slaton slatoncalls@gmx.com or Brent Stoner can't remember his company name but his email is brent.stoner@yahoo.com they make good copper calls

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: letinmfly on March 13, 2012, 01:13:11 PM
I have one from Frank Kruer and it is the best sounding copper call I've personally heard or played.  The pot is a laminate and it comes with two Zebrawood strikers.  One a laminate and one solid Zebrawood.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

fl panhandler

Andy Kaiser and Larry Gresser both make exceptional copper calls.  Cocobolo make a great sounding  one, IMHO.
Rick

scoot12

Another vote for Frank Kruers laminated copper pot.  Scoot

870BkWht

Wendell Rye of Lights Out is making really nice copper calls from osage and they sing.

hookhntr

The best ive heard is from a guy named john sinclair. You can get them off ebay or i have his number if you need it. I have two of his calls and they are amazing. One is cocobollo and one is black and white ebony. He goes by the name up and down par on ebay.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 13, 2012, 01:17:07 PM
try Darrell Slaton slatoncalls@gmx.com or Brent Stoner can't remember his company name but his email is brent.stoner@yahoo.com they make good copper calls

I have a copper call by Darrell and its great!! 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

BowBendr

Bobby Vanover (Hillbilly 280) makes a killer. Mine is in a cocobolo pot, paired with an osage striker. Purpleheart also sounds great on it.

nitro

Best two copper calls I own-

Tim Sandford of FL

Ricky Padgett of SC
Royal Slam 2008

callmakerman

styger

How do you get a call from Frank Kruer?

VanHelden Game Calls

Larry Gresser.  

I ran a few of his and they are awesome, I really like the osage pot.  And give him a call he will set you up and also work with you to make sure you play a call correctly.  Even I learned new tricks.

scoot12