turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

leupold or nikon

Started by DirtNap647, March 12, 2012, 09:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

could use some advice on purchasing a new scope thinking bout going away from the red dots any recommendations

NorthGaHunter

I have a Leupold tactical prismatic (1x14) with an illuminated reticle.  I mostly leave the illumination module turned off and just use the black circle plex.  The good thing is if the batteries go bad you still have your crosshairs becuase they are etched in the glass.  I have also shot skeet with it so you can get on moving objects as well.  

K9Doc

I have been scope up on all my Turkey guns for 10 years now.  I will never go back to red dots or open sights.  I have killed  birds running, flying, and everywhere in between. 
Nikon BTR is the best out there curently:
1.  5 full inches of continuous eye relief
2.  Cirlce within a circle allows you to range birds on low or high power.
3.  Very ergonomical/large power ring adjustment dial
4.  Solid consturction
5.  PRICE--Natchez Shooter Supply $130   Cabela's $149
Good Luck
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Stoney Creek

I agree with the Doc... Just ordered another Nikon turkey pro. I have used a 1x4 heavy duplex Leupold for years on a 870 but the Nikon has it beat... Reliable, run bunches of 3.5 and 3 inch shells thru it and the eye relief is perfect. Only used it 1 year but 4 turkeys in 4 shots and a trip to Florida already this year in the books. Used in the mountains to the fields and it works... although i leave it set on 1x all the time i cranked it up to look at some spurs in Florida, oh my. I have friends that have numerous types of scopes on their shotguns and after seeing and shooting the Nikon a bunch have switched to it. Sales going on now to ease the pain. Hope this info helps......