OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

problems with vinci AGAIN!

Started by the Ward, March 12, 2012, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: joffutt1 on March 12, 2012, 08:14:48 PM
Quote from: zach06 on March 12, 2012, 07:31:20 PM
Quote from: tyelper on March 12, 2012, 07:04:45 PM
ok let me rephrase that mine is junk,,yes i bought a new nova and i wish i would put my money on a mossy 935,,,,,,,but it will shoot just not the gun that i thought it would be,,,,

That's because you bought a nova. There is a reason it's the cheapest gun they make.

Wow.  A 935 better than the nova?  What a blind side.

As long as that stupid retainer clip stays intact, you better believe it!  All day looooong better than a Nova.  Nova in spanish means "no go" btw.   :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

joffutt1

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 12, 2012, 08:18:47 PM
Quote from: joffutt1 on March 12, 2012, 08:14:48 PM
Quote from: zach06 on March 12, 2012, 07:31:20 PM
Quote from: tyelper on March 12, 2012, 07:04:45 PMok let me rephrase that mine is junk,,yes i bought a new nova and i wish i would put my money on a mossy 935,,,,,,,but it will shoot just not the gun that i thought it would be,,,,

That's because you bought a nova. There is a reason it's the cheapest gun they make.

You realized i was being sarcastic, right?

Wow.  A 935 better than the nova?  What a blind side.

As long as that stupid retainer clip stays intact, you better believe it!  All day looooong better than a Nova.  Nova in spanish means "no go" btw.   :TooFunny:

I was being sarcastic.

the Ward

Didn't mean to rant,lol!Yes the vinci's stock twists in the back of the reciever.There is a triangular shaped mark on the stock that aligns with a groove on top of the reciever.After some shooting the marks are not in alignment,like the stock is rotating on its own,possibly due to recoil?This is my second vinci,the one i originally had started to do the same thing and then i started to have other problems after it started doing that,so i sent it in and instead of repairing it they sent me a new one,the one im talking about now.Thats what i'm worried about.I guess i'll just keep my fingers crossed that it's nothing,thank you everyone for your replys!I'll know if theres a bigger problem this weekend when i do some patterning with some 3' shells.....ward

zach06

My super Vinci is pretty tight so I have not had any problems with it rotating on its own. Hopefully you won't have any more with yours.

mightyjoeyoung

Do you notice any obvious cracks or wear at the point where the parts meet?

surehuntsalot

for what they cost,shouldn't nothing ever break on them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

archery1

Quote from: tyelper on March 12, 2012, 06:11:52 PM
benelli are way over rated, i always thought i had to have one and i finally bought one, sure glad i bought the cheap junk instead of the high price stuff, sad to say when a mossberg out shoots a benelli,,,,,,
X2
Take a kid hunting

tyelper

you all missed the point, i was compairing the 935 to the nova no t to the black eagle,,,,,

gobblingghost

I have an SBE and a Baikal. As far as turkey hunting, they both pattern about the same. But the Baikal is A LOT CHEAPER.  After I get my scope mounted on the baikal I would not hesitate to take either one on a hunt.

joffutt1

Quote from: tyelper on March 13, 2012, 07:00:03 AM
you all missed the point, i was compairing the 935 to the nova no t to the black eagle,,,,,

We know.  Like comparing apples to oranges.

mightyjoeyoung

No.  Apparently you missed the point.  You just cannot compare a nova to a vinci or a SBE II or well any other semi auto for that matter.  Your experience with a gun that just happens to wear the brand name is irrelevant if it isn't even in the same class of gun...

01Foreman400

I own 3 Vinci's and 1 Super Vinci.  I've never had any problems from any of them.  Is the screw tight on the stock where the barrel meets the stock?

I also own a SBE 2 and M2 20 ga.  My first turkey gun was an 835 which I sold after I got my first Benelli.  There is no comparison.

This is my pattern out of my SBE 2.  Don't really see a need for improvement.  327 hits in a 10" circle at 40 yards it also has a great 20" pattern as well.

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

reynolds243

as mighty said, you are missing the point. that is not even close to a good comparison. You are comparing the best mossberg has to offer to the worst benelli has to offer.

thats like me saying the Chevy SUCKS because of the Malibu is terrible compared to the lexus i bought. Mossberg is by no means a lexus but you get the point.

if you judge a brand by the lowest they offer Mossberg would be nothing but junk like the maverick and remington would be worthless just like the 887 they came out with.

if you are going apples to apples put the 935 against the SBE11 like i said before and see what you come up with. Benellis are not for everyone and people have preferences, some warranted and some not, but to say they are junk is comical.

the Ward

THANK YOU Foreman!I completly forgot i had changed the shim awhile back,and if that nut loosend up a little,it would let the stock rotate slightly independantly of the big threaded insert that goes into the receiver.I was thinking about it today and the threaded insert has a pin that hold the shim in alignment,and the pin is slightly smaller in diameter than the hole in the shim,so if that nut worked loose that would allow the stock to turn slightly while the big insert in the stock would still be tight!I'll tear her down later and check it and tighten it up real good and see what happens this weekend.I couldn't figure out how it was moving as it is a really tight fit when  installing the stock.Thank you very much,i'll post an update later after i tighten it up and shoot it some more.Thanks again....ward

tyelper

lmao............to each thier own ill stick with the 870...