turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

problems with vinci AGAIN!

Started by the Ward, March 12, 2012, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

went out to the shoots yesterday with the vinci,shot about ten rounds with it.after the last shoot i noticed the pin holding the trigger group was backing out.i pushed it back in and was looking at it when i saw the alignment was off where the buttstock screws in to the reciever.this happened to the first one i had,followed by the rubber comfortec inserts popping out.right on time before turkey season!Does anyone else have a vinci and have they encounterd this problem?i'm so frustrated right now its not even funny! thanks for any advice...ward

Reloader

"advice"

You could always head down to the gun shop and swap her in on a new SX3 :D

the Ward

thats the direction i think im headed!It's a long story but i had a bunch of problems with the first one i had,sent it back to benelli,then it was about  3 months of waiting.To their credit they just sent me a new gun,but it was ridiculous.It ended up being some sort of miscommunication between them and gander mountain,but if i hadn't started making some calls i probably still be waiting,ha ha!I guess i was wondering if anyone else had one and if theirs was doing that,like is it common for the stock to rotate?I am just concerned now because thats what the last one did before i started having the other issues with it.I don't know if that was the cause of the problems with the first one or not.I guess i'm going to find out sooner than later!

Borden811

I would think if the stock is rotating, the nut that holds it on is loose. It should be an easy fix. Pull off the recoil pad, take the appropriate sized ratched, line the stock up how it's supposed to be, and tighten down the nut. Possibly it wasn't assembeled tight at the factory, and the recoil is making it work loose?

tyelper

benelli are way over rated, i always thought i had to have one and i finally bought one, sure glad i bought the cheap junk instead of the high price stuff, sad to say when a mossberg out shoots a benelli,,,,,,

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Borden811 on March 12, 2012, 05:48:47 PM
I would think if the stock is rotating, the nut that holds it on is loose. It should be an easy fix. Pull off the recoil pad, take the appropriate sized ratched, line the stock up how it's supposed to be, and tighten down the nut. Possibly it wasn't assembeled tight at the factory, and the recoil is making it work loose?

That's what it sounds like.  When I got my SBE II, the FIRST thing I did was go over it with a fine toothed comb, looking for any loose screws, pins, etc. and cleaned the bejesus out of it too.  I found the stock retention nut to be a little loose and that got snugged up in a hurry.  Hasn't backed out yet and that gun has had THOUSANDS of rounds through it, including some serious thumpers!  If you can move the buttstock even a tiny bit, the nut needs snugged up.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

chipper

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: tyelper on March 12, 2012, 06:11:52 PM
benelli are way over rated, i always thought i had to have one and i finally bought one, sure glad i bought the cheap junk instead of the high price stuff, sad to say when a mossberg out shoots a benelli,,,,,,

Wow.  That was "constructive"   ::)  Not.  Not sure but did you say you have one or you bought one or...can't honestly tell by that post.  The fact that a Mossy 835 can and will outshoot one doesn't mean a thing.  I bought mine for waterfowl mainly, turkey scondary because I have 3 835's and they SHOOT.  I got the SBE II because it is reliable and fast and tough.  I have gotten over the fact that it will never pattern as good as ny TH 835...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tyelper

ok let me rephrase that mine is junk,,yes i bought a new nova and i wish i would put my money on a mossy 935,,,,,,,but it will shoot just not the gun that i thought it would be,,,,

bowhunter32

Borden811

Comparing a nova to a Vinci or a SBE isn't even close to a fair comparison. And it only makes sense that a gun with an overbore barrel will most times out pattern a gun with one of the smallest inside diameter barrels on the market. That being said, with the right shells my SBE II will out pattern  8 out of 10 Mossbergs. Back to the topic at hand. Let us know if tightening the nut fixes your problems!

zach06

Quote from: tyelper on March 12, 2012, 07:04:45 PM
ok let me rephrase that mine is junk,,yes i bought a new nova and i wish i would put my money on a mossy 935,,,,,,,but it will shoot just not the gun that i thought it would be,,,,

That's because you bought a nova. There is a reason it's the cheapest gun they make.

zach06

Quote from: Borden811 on March 12, 2012, 05:48:47 PM

The stock on a Vinci is not held on like many other guns. The stock twist on and off for assembly. It could be it just does not fit tight enough where it is designed to twist apart.

reynolds243

Hahaha you are judging Benelli by the cheapest PUMP gun they make. That's like judging mossberg on the maverick. Come in man that's beyond comical. Apples to apples compair the 935 to the SBE2 and see what you come up with as an all around shotgun.

joffutt1

Quote from: zach06 on March 12, 2012, 07:31:20 PM

That's because you bought a nova. There is a reason it's the cheapest gun they make.

Wow.  A 935 better than the nova?  What a blind side.