Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any reviews on the Truglo Tru-Brite Open Red Dot Sights?

Started by joffutt1, March 11, 2012, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joffutt1

Does anyone have any thoughts on these.  I have zero clue what to get as a scope/red dot.  My price range is about $150 and below.  I was looking at the Turkey BTR which is a good deal but thought the fast target acquisition of this sight may be better with all the options it has for reticles.  Thoughts?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=XRTG8380B&src=tpSlrByr19

hookedspur

I have one on a 870 20ga and It does a great job,its in its second season with no problems.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joffutt1

What's the sight on your other guns? Is this a better option than the Nikon turkey btr scope?

hookedspur

The other 2 are Burris FF2s and yes for turkey I like these better than scopes.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joffutt1

Frankinthelaurels

The nikon scope is $119 form them...what the heck, it's cheaper and what can't it do??

MDbowman

Got one, mounted it on my 835 with a Weaver rail. Wow does this thing sit high. I can actually see between the rail and the sight. Not sure if I am going to keep it. For ME as it sits on my gun it will definitely require some sort of comb raising kit cuz I am not a fan of having my cheek off the stock when I touch off a turkey load! As for the actual sight, the thought of reticle options was nice, but I think I would just go with the dot.