OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Encore shotgun sight help

Started by Ondavirg, March 10, 2012, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ondavirg

I'm having trouble sighting in my encore shotgun.  No matter how I adjust the rear sight it's shooting 18" high.  Mine only came with one front bead, but it seems like it needs a higher front bead to bring the pattern down.  Any suggestions?  Help is much appreiciated.

hookedspur

What kind of sights are on it ? Can you post a picture?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ondavirg

It's got the standard fiber optic sight with an adjustable rear and front bead.  I think I read somewhere that it was supposed to come with a low front bead as well as a high one.  I could be wrong, but I'm sure having fits with this thing.

hookedspur

I have a 12 and 20 and they both came with 1 sight. With the rear sight screwed down as far as it will go it still shoots high ?
CRUSADERS

Ondavirg

Thanks for the responses.  Yes, when it was tightened all the way down it still shot 16-18" high.  Any thoughts?

hookedspur

You might call Tru Glo and see if they sell a higher front .
CRUSADERS

runngun

I have one and had the same problem. Even with the rear screwed all the way down. It was even higher with NITRO'S .  I called TC and they sent me a taller front. Now it shoots where it is supposed to. Give them a call.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ondavirg

paladin

I had the exact thing happen. Got a taller sight off a TC muzzleloader barrel. called TC and they replaced it.
"have gun-will travel"

Ondavirg

Well, after talking to TC, it appears the 20 guage front sight was put on my 12 guage barrel.  They are sending a replacement.  Mine is 3/8" now and should be just under 1/2".  That should do it!