OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ordered today!!! or not! updated!

Started by neal, February 21, 2011, 03:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Ordered a SBEII pistol grip 24" barrel, camo I am also having them mount a speed bead on it, and I am equipping it with a I/C choke, I'll be shooting Hevi 7's, can't wait to get it and shoot it. When I get it in a week or so I'll post pics!!!

So I get a call today from Scheels and they tell me Benelli is 90 days out on turkey guns! ???:anim_65:

Wouldn't you think they would have a good stock of them this time of the year!

Their going to check around for me and see what they can come up with.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's 2 great choices you made!   :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Gold Spur

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 21, 2011, 03:26:23 PM
Make that 4.   :you_rock:

X2,  Congrats!!!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Boomstick

"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

Mailman

You will love it. I love mine, good luck
One Shot One Kill

grousec

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

devin4484

that sucks man.  maybe its not meant for ya

vaturkey

Vaturkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bird

Great selection my friend.  I can't wait to see it.  Now if your Scheels is anything like the one we have then all I have to say about that is.... Scheels Sucks!  I will not buy anything from Scheels here locally unless I am absolutely so desperate that I have no choice but to go through them.

Good Luck with the new gun and I hope that you get it soon.

bird

BigPeck215

for a manufacturer to be out of one of their most popular models right before the season starts is bad bad business.

if ford could make a car a minute back in the day on the production line then i'm sure benelli can do better than 90 days

mudhen

I don't blame Benelli that much.  Turkey guns should have been ordered by their dealers in the summer or fall of 2010.  With the buying power of Scheels (if they are paying their bills) you would think they would be able to find one somewhere!

No offense to us turkey hunters, but the turkey guns are pretty much slow sellers for Benelli when compared to the overall sales numbers.  No reason to keep them heavily stocked unless demand dictates, which it doesn't.  They have always been special order items out here.

Top Benelli sellers are black Novas & camo SBE II's for waterfowlers.  You can probably thank the great people of California & Big 5 Sporting goods for the solid Nova sales  ;D

Also, I'm hearing daily rumors that the SBE II might be getting pushed out by the Super Vinci, so maybe they are slowly winding things down on the SBE II?  Don't know, but I hear things, you know, things  :laugh:

Pretty sure they Air Freight most of the guns to Benelli USA, so the delay is clearly at Benelli Spa.  Probably Franky is backed up on barrels.  Don't know who is doing the dipping, maybe Tarjac in the US?

Good luck - I hope they can find one for you!

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

joshua

Hope everything works out for ya.   :anim_25:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.