OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much firepower on hand?

Started by rempumpman, March 09, 2012, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwhacker

I have roughly 20 boxes of lead 3 and 3.5 inch turkey loads, and I just scored yesterday on 3 boxes of the old Remington Premier Hevi-shot 1 5/8 oz #6's, for $15 a box, which puts me up to 6 boxes of those. I buy a box everytime I go into wal-mart, which seems rather often here lately. It's just hard for me to pass on Winchester HV 3.5/2/5 for $12.47 a box, when the local gun shop is right at $20 a box. :fud: :OGani:

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: bushwhacker on March 11, 2012, 06:20:40 AM
I have roughly 20 boxes of lead 3 and 3.5 inch turkey loads, and I just scored yesterday on 3 boxes of the old Remington Premier Hevi-shot 1 5/8 oz #6's, for $15 a box, which puts me up to 6 boxes of those. I buy a box everytime I go into wal-mart, which seems rather often here lately. It's just hard for me to pass on Winchester HV 3.5/2/5 for $12.47 a box, when the local gun shop is right at $20 a box. :fud: :OGani:

Ain't that the truth!  Walmart is right about HALF the price of litterally every other retail store out there for those shells! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

worth612000

I stock up during the millennium scare. Will have enough left to hand down. Includes ammo for small and medium game. Would run like heck if my place caught on fire.

Tail Feathers

It's very clear that I need to buy more shells! :z-guntootsmiley:

I could hunt three or four seasons with what I have...if I stretched 'em out.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Rockhound

I have around 28 boxes of lead 10 gauge shells and am currently stocking hevi #5s for it. I stock lead 3 in mags in winchester every single time im at walmart. and have several boxes of 12 ga 3-1/2 and am still stocking. Im fixing to start stocking htl for these guns as well

Philippe

I just picked up some boxes of Win HV 3.5 2oz 5's from walmart for 10.97 a box, they had'em marked wrong :z-guntootsmiley:

FttFttVroom!

I currently have 4 yrs worth of ammo to take my statewide limit on turkey.

I will be buying more..... :z-guntootsmiley:

strutstopper

83  3 1/2 inch  hevi 7s
10  3 1/2 inch  mag blends
40  3 1/2 inch  lead turkey loads
I'm not going to bother counting dove and duck loads.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

:z-dizzy:  I feel soo under armed right now better get to buying ammo  :you_rock:

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 12, 2012, 10:22:18 AM
All i'm going to say is the U.S. Military might just show up at my door when they run out of ammo!  ;D

They will be at mine when they run out of your stuff!

Now turkey shells I won't even post how many, just HTL, I have right at 100 H13 6's for the 20's and a few boxes for the 12. If push comes to shove, I will shoot my 12's and with lead I would never run out and neither would my grand children!

BIGGUS

I probably could go 3-4 yrs on turkey loads if I stretched it, but I've got about 700-800 rounds of 00.  :boon: